Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good deal on a diesel blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Huffed Blazer, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Huffed Blazer

Huffed Blazer 1/2 ton status

Looking @ a 1990 chevy blazer, with a new 6.2 engine/tranny 30,000 miles ago, fully loaded, mint shape body/interior wise(with the exception of a rocker panel), bone stock right down to the am/fm stereo. The truck has 217,000 on it. Is around $4,000 to much to pay for this? KBB has it's value @ around $2300-2500, but the ones I've seen go on ebay for that price don't compare @ all.

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

show that person kbb's opinion and show them the rust and then show them 2800. see if that works, if not say uhh... how about 3k?

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

S'pose it depends on if it's US$ or CDN$, but that seems high.

I paid $2300US for my CUCV Blazer, only a coupla rust spots around the windshield, 30k on the clock so we assume 130k. Granted I've dumped a bunch of $$ into it since then, but unless you can get receipts for the motor and tranny, it's a 217k truck.

-- A

4. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just remember that with that many miles you will be fighting door hinges, seat belt retractors, door window regulators etc.

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

K5s are hard to find in our area period, forget a diesel powered one... If it has no major rust less the rocker / rocker boxes, its just that much more of a rare find. $3000 sounds pretty much right on for what it sounds like.

Where abouts in Alberta are you from? If you are in the Edmonton area, I could come with ya and take a look at the rig, I know the trouble spots of these trucks :)