Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good deal on paint

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyracing, Oct 16, 2001.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Copy and psate this site when you get a minute.

http://home.att.net/~brer/paintad2.htm

It is a great deal on paint for those of us who have to paint fairly frequently. The paint, reducer, and hardner delivered to your door for less than $80.00 I am going to get some and try it out, I will let you know how it turns out.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://home.att.net/~brer/paintad2.htm>home.att.net/~brer/paintad2.htm</a>

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Thanks triaged, I need to learn to do that one of these days.
    John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about spraying a little paint on my '72 - was thinking about dulling some black to help hide the need for body work, maybe bed liner on the roof and bottom 1/4 also black.

I'm pretty new at spraying paint this would be my second attempt - first was black filler/primer on my '52 Studebaker - wasn't all that good, but it will be sanded and re-sprayed as needed.

What would I use to make the supergloss black more like Krylon semi-gloss black (sprayed a car with that too)?

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I used to know some guys who were pro sprayers and they'd flatten paint either with a "flattening agent" or by adding talc to the paint. They preferred the flattening agents.

7. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I'll stop by the local paint store and check on some flattening agents - might spray the whole truck - to get texture on the top - I can use a fluffy paint roller over some wet primer - right?

Would I need one or two gallons?

Also, I'm up for any tips, tricks or good advice (okay advice doesn't have to be all that good as long as it works).

I'll probably be looking for some replacement chrome for down the sides and/or tail gate - always liked the look of chrome over flat black.

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

8. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I know people that have used just the base coat for a 2 stage paint to get a dull/semi gloss finish that is durable and looks good. It is easier to clean then a primer because it is not so porous and wipes down like a normal paint job. I just spent over $650.00 on paint for my 1972 Blazer it is a single stage (no clear) PPG Acrylic Urethane that is as hard as nail polish and super easy to touch up later. It would have cost around $1000.00 if I hadnt used my Business and Tax ID Number.

1972 Black CST Blazer, 350/415 HP, TH350, NP205, 4" Springs Front/Rear, AGR Variable Ratio Steering, 15X8 Ralley Wheels and 35X12.50 BFG Mud Tires.

9. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

not a bad price on that paint, heard the name before but don't remember if that is good or bad, anyway concerning painting your top, Get some opinions from the guys that have done it but first thought that comes to my mind is that it flexes. So if you do paint it you may want to get some flex agent and put in the paint to keep it from cracking and flaking off. Also be sure to prep and use a good sealing primer on it. Check with your local marina or fiberglass shop to see what they use.

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?