Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal On Recovery Straps

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Got my 4"x30' 2-ply strap from this place. I also happen to be doing their site. Great people to work with. Will also match 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers prices for those of you looking for an alternative. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    More products will be added this week but I'm real pleased with this strap and the price is right!
    Ultimate 4 Wheel Drive Performance
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif that is a good deal /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those are some pretty serious tow straps!

The site design also looks good! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But you need to work on reducing the file size of the pictures. It takes a VERY long time for that page to complete over a dialup connection. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Just the 3 pictures of the straps are over 200K of bandwidth. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You need to reduce the resolution and/or the color depth to reduce the file size. I just loaded that page into Front Page 2000 and it shows that it takes 71 seconds to download over a 28.8 connection. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Web usability studies have shown that most people will not stick around for a page that takes longer than 30 seconds to fully paint. They'll just click away to another, faster site. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thanks and I DO know that. However I've gotten a bit lazy on a cable connection. I will run them through the Paint Shop Pro optimizer this week. Thanks for keeping me in line.

5. HarryH3

Cool. Gotta keep the business coming for ya, so you can buy more stuff for your K5! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have really crappy phone lines, so I have to suffer with slow connections. I'm on at 21.6K right now. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I skip away from a lot of sites that are just too slow to wait for. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

21.6??? I'm SO sorry. I upgraded to DSL last spring and then to cable around the beginning of summer. I will never go back! Went next door to help the new neighbors set up their computer and they are on dial-up around 44k. Wow, what a difference. I'm spoiled now, that is for sure! I just went through all of the picture files and optimized them. I do wonder if the flash title and the menu bar are overkill. I want to do something cool on that site. My client is extremely happy with it but I feel that it is lacking something. It'll get there. Oh and yes keep that K5 $ rolling in! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My wish list ain't getting any shorter.

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

wow thats a perty good price on the 38.5 tsl sx's. 917.28 for the 15 in rim and 845.40 for the 16.5 inch rim. thats perty good. better than any i've seen. nice site btw. later.

jacob

8. HarryH3

Yep, it totally sucks being on a line this slow. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The recovery strap page loads WAY faster now. Looks like you reduced the file sizes by over 80%! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The only thing I would suggest is to lighten up the title and links a little, it is a little hard to read, also there is no link to ColoradoK5.com on the links page.

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve, I'm going to send him your advertising info. I think he could get a real good online base here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, lighten stuff up on the site, I was thinking that. I wanted a chrome sort of effect to it (not that I dig chrome, you know). But first I'm loading more pics of my property onto my site. And slacking off. It's Sunday!
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif