Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good deal on Winch????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 3 on the tree, Sep 24, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I may have the opportunity to pick up a Warn 6000 winch for 100 bucks. All the wiring and controls included. I know its not the biggest one out there, but I figure for a stock Blazer it should be all right. Any comments or insights about this winch would be appreciated. Its mounted on a Toyo that got rolled, and the owner is parting it out. Thanks all.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hell, for a 100 bones, I'd get it. Put in on the rig for a while until you can afford to get a bigger one, then put the little 6000 one on a trailer :thumb:

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I got an xd9500i, and I have maxed it out a few times. Second time I fried the motor, and I was using a snatch block at the time.

I would buy it, cause the price is real good. Id use it until you come across a bigger one. Keep it as a spare, or maybe plan for a rear mount.

Since it is a stock Blazer, I would think you would use it a lot, I did...
    Or you know your limits, so you wont have to use it for extraction.
    The times I used my winch to its limits was to extract my friends who were really stuck.

I say, BUY IT, and keep an eye out for a bigger one in the future.

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

If it's in good shape and it functions like it should then grab it up.. You can't even buy a ATV winch for that much so it sounds like a good deal..