Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good deal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balazerjake86, Nov 8, 2002.

1. balazerjake86

balazerjake86 Registered Member

over the weekend mt 700r4 went out. i asked a friend and he said he had a newly rebuilt one he would sell me. i said first look it over and tell me what you think. he did and said it was gone... truck will not even oull it self in drive. anyway mt transfer case was also leaking from the main seal. and he said that for 875 dollars he would give me a rebuild 700r4 another transfer case like mine and put it all in. plus i give him my old transmission and transfer case. is this a good deal? i am sure he will not bend me over cause he is a friend but just wondering.

o yeah he is providing all the fluid and putting in my new 4-row

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I say that when dealing with 700R4's, if you are friends now, you probably won't be after the money exchanges hands, then the thing craps out on you.

Not that I'm saying your friend will deceive you, but as finicky as the 700's are, I'd much rather buy one from someone I don't mind getting angry at, who gives a warranty, and who will be able to give me my money back, or replace it for free...

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

you ever thought about looking around for a 350/205 combo? youll prolly find one for a lot less then $875, if i had an extrA 350/205 id sell it for like 500 bucks maybe less

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

you could most likely get a shop to rebuild it for less than that, and you'll get some sort of warranty. the cheapest way to go would be to pull it out yourself. its a lot of work. you may have to undo all your exhaust and starter...etc...etc. but it should be cheaper. i have a guy that does them for about 450 with a new converter, and hell make it shift however firm you want it to
    ryan