Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbLover, Jun 30, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm going to look at a loaded 83 Chevy K5 w/ a 6.2/700R4 in it. Not sure on the t-case. 100% stock vehcile. Anyway, it has a little surface rust on the rear quarter. The guy that wons it has used it for a DD for 3 years. The owner is semi-mechaniclly inclined. He said the torgue converter wne ton it. Since he hase 5 vehicles, his wife said get rid of it. I can pick it up for $500.

This will become my wifes daily driver once running. I already have a set of 14FF/D44 8-lug axles for it. My wife wants me to by a 6" lift for my burb so she can have my 4" lift. Since I can get used Hummer tires for 200 per five tires, she wants me to put a set of those on it for her also.

QUESTIONS:
    - Is this a good deal?

- What should be my concerns?

- Any comments?

THANKS!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

should be a 208 Tcase, and I would be concerned that the whole tranny is shot and needs a rebuild not just the torque converter.

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Well, I paid 400 for it tonight. The tranny is gone, but I can get a TH350 from abuddy for 100. This is my first K5, and it's gonna be my wifes. ANyway, were gonna spend the next year setting it up for her. Then it'll be cool.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Such a deal! A good deal sound's like to Me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif