Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camarine, Jan 12, 2004.

1. camarine

camarine Registered Member

So, there I was walking out of the store with a Mt Dew and a red bull. This guy was walking by me and I go to get in my Jimmy and asks if this is mine. Well after a few minutes of talking to him, a 3/4 ton set of axles pops up. He says he is fixing to move and has to clean out his yard to move to a new house. (Wife tired of looking at it) Anyways he says 500 for the 14bolt FF and 10 bolt front and he will throw in a set of 15x12 Alcoa wheels. I haven't seen anything yet. What do you think? He also mentioned he had an 85 Blazer he has got to get rid of as well, minus motor. Let me know and Spence I might need your help in the near future.......

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

id jump on it if the gears are decent and the running gear is in good shape.. and i know someone who may be interested in the alcoas..

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Around here 14 bolt ff go for about 150.00 a 10 bolt is a P.O.S. Take the 500.00 and save up maybe another 500.00 and get a pair of 60/14 axles........

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I bet you can talk him down a bit....Look them over closely.

The right set of Alcoa's would be sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The pair of 3/4 ton axles by themselves for $500 is about top dollar (not counting what some junkyards are smoking when they set their prices). I'm not sure what the alcoa's are worth but they help make it a fair deal I think. Not a killer deal but a fair one.

6. camarine

camarine Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, going tomorrow to check them out and pull the covers and see what they got in them.......