Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good eatin' on the weekends!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Sep 3, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

during the week I tend to eat fast/easy/cheap stuff... lots of sandwiches, TV dinners, canned stuff etc. Becuase of this, I like to have good yummy food when the weekend rolls around. Today I was livin it up.

Lunch: jek-brand Bento. I marinaded some bonesless skinless chicken overnight in some sweet and sour sauce. Tossed it in a pan with some oil and fried it up good. At the same time I got a pot of rice cookin' and sliced veggies. I had a whole yellow pepper, a whole green pepper and a few thin-sliced carrots. When the chicken was done, I took it out of the pan and sliced it up into small chunks. With a lil more oil, in went the veggies for a quick stir fry. Once everything was lookin' good, I piled a bunch of rice into a tupperware bowl, put the chicken/veggies on top of the rice... and then poured a little more sweet and sour on top of everything. A short zap in the nuker and it was ready to roll. Mmmmmmm, yummay! :grin: I made enough that I have some to take to work on monday.

For dinner we BBQ'd. We had some tastey steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs. We cooked up plenty so I could have leftovers for work on tuesday/wednesday. Nuttin better than beef slathered in BBQ sauce and slow cooked on a grill. :D :thumb:

j

2. nutsthename

nutsthename 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got some babybacks marinating in the fridge. Can't wait till tomorrow night.:saweet: :woot: :saweet: :woot:

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Tomorrow night is the big BBQ so tonight it was authentic Mexican food. I don't mean Taco Bell. I don't mean El Burro or some other American style Mexican food. I mean the hole in the wall dollar taco Taqueria Consuelito on Vasco. The kind of place that has two TV's with "football", aka soccer, playing in Spanish. The kind where you have to point to the menu because they don't speak English. The kind where I'm the only white guy in the place any time of day restaurant. I had a huge plate of Carne Asada and Carnitas dollar tacos with extra hot sauce. These tacos have the mini corn tortillas, meat, diced onions, cilantro, and hot sauce, that's it. To cap it off, Senorial Sangria soda pop in the bottle ice cold........mmmmmmmmmmm

4. nutsthename

I like the mixed nacho fajitas (steak,chicken,peppers,onions and sometimes tomatos on a bed of nachos)at the local restaraunte. mmmm mmmm good. :D :D :D

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

mmmmmm ribs. Does it get much more manly and primal than knawing slightly-burned-around-the-edges meat off the bone? :thumb:

j

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

awwww man i was doing fine, till i read your post, now im really hungry, and miss home

7. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

You guys could cook for me anyday!!! :D :bow: :D

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Now that's what I'm talking about! One of thoes places the little kid comes out to take the gringo's order because he's the only one speeking english. "Quero un carne asada y un chrizo taco, con cilantro y cebolla. Y salsa verde por favor." That is all I need to know:D "Mas dispacio" is helpful, too.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

We've got places like that up here. Last one I went to, it was an old converted gas station. As for the food, might as make a trip to the store for an extra load of Charmin. It was awesome:D

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rarely do I do fast food anymore (I'm trying too loose weight) but today I had Bronco's. www.broncoburgers.com

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, the BBQ went out the window because they haven't poured the cement in the backyard yet around the new pool going in. We still have rebar and forms so the BBQ is sitting on the side yard. So, we were forced to gather up some friends and do the Livermore wine celebration today (http://www.livermorewine.com/events.html). I'm not a wine drinker, but our friends are and after about 10 wineries, they are very happy and having a hard time getting off the couch for dinner..........

12. nutsthename

Dem ribs was some more good tonight.:D