Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Engine Manuals?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, May 16, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm looking for a good book/manual on the intermediate levels of engine building. I know the very basics but that's pretty much it. I'm pretty good with t-cases, axles, and manual trannys but I don't know all that much about performance engines and would like to be a lot more comfortable doing my own engine work. If that's too broad, one that focuses on SBC's would definitely be plenty. My last auto tech class went something like let's change the oil on a Mercury Topaz, woohoo. When I brought in an '04 Powerstroke and put boost and EGT gauges in it, everybody but a couple of my friends looked at me like I'd cure cancer. Anyways, the point is that I'd really like to learn more about internals and what works together and what doesn't. Formulas would be quite helpful also. Thanks in advance.

2. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I bought "How to rebuild your small block 350" from Barnes and Noble. Having never built an engine before it was much used. Highly recommend it. I think it was like $18. Step by step process, written so that anyone could understand it.