Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good engine shops around Wichita, Ks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jul 11, 2003.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I'm seriously thinking about building a 383 Stroker for my Blazer. The 350 is TBI, so I'd want to keep it fuel injected if possible. My question is, if there is any of you guys in Wichita, where's a good shop? I'd build the Stroker with the 4-bolt that's in my truck now. Any suggestions or comments would help. I'm not familiar with set-ups for high HP/torque with fuel injection. I really really want a badass motor for my truck to turn my 40" Boggers. I have the drivetrain to handle the motor, just don't have the MOTOR!! haha Thanks guys. I don't expect to get many responses, unless there are some more guys from Wichita on here. Thanks for any help though!! Keep on wheel'n!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Alex, check out Performance Machine in Manhattan. The legendary drag car racer Billy Graham (not the preacher /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) from the 60's and 70's owns the shop and does any kind of engine work you need. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

Do you know if he has good prices? I'll definately have to look into it.

Off subject, but if I end up buying an 80's model Chevy shortbed, is there any chance that you might be able to dig up some 3/4 ton axles for me again? I really want to build a shortbed now, or hell even a K30! Thanks man!

4. thatK30guy

I don't know his prices or anything like that as I've never used him yet. I do know you definitely get what you pay for with him. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I don't have any axles but do know another member who does. If you can find out for positive that you want to do the SWB truck, let me know soon as the other member is from out of state and he can deliver the 3/4 ton axles he's got since he may be getting a set of 1 ton axles from me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. Either that or another K5. I'm down for 2.5-tons, 1-tons, 3/4-ton.....anything bigger than a 1/2-ton. haha How soon is soon though? I should hopefully know something by next week. I want to build a beefy truck with some 35's, or better yet, some 38's. I'll get back with you soon though.

6. thatK30guy

Ok, I will PM the other member and let him know. He can PM you from there. I do know they are 3.73 ratio though. Not sure if thats what you would want, but its a start and cheap, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif