Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good idea???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy wrangler, Oct 12, 2006.

1. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

okay so a local salvage yard has a 3/4 1976 chevy silverado20. the guy wants $400 for it and it is missing a trans and t-case, the engine runs it has a clean title and keys. it runs on propane. i told him i really didnt need the propane cause its just gonna be parts. he then told be $300 with out the propane system. okay so i am gonna sell my 2wd cab to one of my uncles friends for $150 is this a good price for the two trucks????:confused:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

$400 for a running propane powered truck is a steal. you're an idiot if you dont buy it complete.

3. tlspeed

tlspeed Registered Member

Depending on what engine it has it and if it has the right mixer on it, I might be willing to take the propane set up off of your hands for a reasonable price. Let me no what you think. -tlspeed-

4. chevy wrangler

okay so im a noob, what is so good bout propane??oh and its a 350sbc,so if i sell the cab for $150 and my dad said he will pitch in another $150 ill still need about $100 for the propane

5. tlspeed

Propane when tuned right is almost better than fuel injection. It runs smoother and at better angles with out the mess of wiring and computers. If you mod your motor and have fuel injection you have to tune it with a custom chip or injectors and what not. The downfall of propane you loose a little power on the top end, or wont get as many RPMs, unless you spend some coin. Also you have the pain of filling the tanks, not as easy as with gasoline.

If it is a Impco 425 mixer/carb/ Model E regulator and VFF 30 Vaccum lock off, and misc hoses, i would give you 100 it. -tlspeed-

6. chevy wrangler

dont know everything yet but pm me, and hell i think i might fix it up as a dd with a th350 and a 203, it was origanally an auto, i like that it has a big ol' chrome roll bar a massive rear bumper and it has rock sliders!!!LOL i dontknow yet i gota get the 150 first when my uncles friend comes back from truckin

7. tlspeed

yah no hurry, just keep it in mind if you do buy it ill send you a pm with my information. lata dude -tlspeed-

8. chevy wrangler

okay so today i went back and talked to the guy, he sold the propane tank, engine, bumper and he sold the title and vin plate so all ima get it a rotted cab and fenders, a good straight bed , rust free frame and a 14 bff rear and a d44 front for $200 it was a gas propane mixture!!!:( is that a good price???

9. tlspeed

IMO, it depends on if you need the parts or not. I picked up my 14 bolt for $20 and the last dana 44 i sold was for $50. so if you need a good frame and bed it might be a good price. If it is a dual fuel set up, I am not interested in it, I want a straight propane setup. Sorry. lata -tlspeed1-

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

$200 is a good deal. you get all the parts you mentioned, plus whatever little odds and ends are left in/on the truck. the little things alone can be worth the $200.

11. chevy wrangler

well i didnt get it i had $150 and on the way to my grandmas house some random guy pulled me over and told me he was selling some tires for $200 so i went to go look at them and he had 3 bfgoodrich size 35/12.5/15 and two dick cepeck size 36/15/15 i told him i had $100 and a $50 savings bond and i'll have to go to the bank and cash it so he sold me the 5 for $100 and im a mount them @ school on tuesday!! :) i am gonna put 2 bfg up front and the dc out back, or should i ount the dc in front and the fg out back???

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what you should do is stop making impluse buys. :haha:

13. chevy wrangler

what?? my truck has a 6" lift with 31"s