Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good ideas or stupid, need comments please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Oct 30, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im starting a new job of riding as ride along help (the muscle) in delivery trucks and have noticed a couple of cool features id like to possibley intregrate into my blazer, but want some feedback as to the feasability of these two projects. one is heated exterior rear view side mirrors(for winter use) and the other is fabbing up some sort shock cushioning shock system into the seats (also like some military vehicles have) ? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif any one know if this would be a costly undertaking or cheap and easy mods ? any one else thought of these ideas or something similar ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthanks ahead of time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You can get heated side mirrors, I think that falls under GOOD IDEA becouse it keeps ice off in winter. And for the seat, I can't say good or bad, kinda a personal thing. Simi trucks have them, so on road I think it'd be okay. Off Road, I don't know.

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i had an old motorhome, 78 i think it was, it had the heated mirrors, i saw some on the internet somewhere but cant for the life of me remember where it was /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

cool, thanks. but those mirrors arent cheap though, are they ? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Their site says that their heated mirrors only work on vehicles that left the factory with heated mirrors. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess they think the average consumer isn't smart enough to add the power wires. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i don't think an air seat would be good for a trail rig. alot of driving is "feeling" what the truck (or car for that matter) is doing. the air seat would defeat this.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I drove trucks with those seats for two years and one thing I didn't like was 1. I'd have to wind the compression all the way up so my big a** wouldn't bottom the seat out all the time and 2. price tag.

9. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status