Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Interior Color Match

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CDA 455, Sep 30, 2006.

1. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Okay, question for the audience:

Who has bought interior trim/parts from LMC Truck, and Classic Parts (formally known as Chevy Duty)? How accurate is their color match to original color trim? I'm looking to replace my stock steering wheel and door panels and I'm hoping to get a good color match.

Any other companies that has parts with good color match?

Thanks for any input.

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

The majority of the vendors have access to the same parts. I have had great success with parts from http://www.christiansclassics.com/ Tim Christian owns the business and is a Chevy addict that knows his stuff very well. He will take whatever time is needed to talk with you on the phone to make sure you are getting what you want. Definitely give him a call - his prices are generally better than the two sources you mentioned above also.

3. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The reproduction molded door panels that I've bought have been quite poor, (I've bought from several sources) only half the strength and weight of the originals and the color match was quite poor as well. The steering wheels on the other hand are excellent, almost an exact match in every way. I would highly recommend finding original molded door panels and painting them to match. There is a lot of high quality paints out that hold up very well on plastic, so if your door panels are in decent shape you'll be better off to fix them.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The correct brand-name paint for restoring plastics is called SEM from what I remember...

I think it was also the OEM supplier, so the colors should be perfect.

Of course, there's no guarantee that the parts you already have haven't faded over time....so you might do well to give EVERYTHING a fresh coat.

:usaflag: