Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good junkyard for axles in portland metro

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mrpoorboy, Feb 24, 2005.

1. mrpoorboy

mrpoorboy Registered Member

looking for a 14 bolt sf 6 lug. any suggestions for which junkyards to go to and which to avoid in the portland metro area.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

In my opinion, Foster Auto Parts sucks, go to any U-pull-it, that is where I always go :thumb:

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Thats funny because FAP owns all the U Pull its in the Portland area :blush:

My best luck finding cheap axles is to watch the Nickel Ads & craigslist for trucks parting out. There is a junkyard here in Vancouver called All Truck Parts but tend to be picked clean but might be worth a call. Maybe watch tow auctions for a parts truck, http://d665072.z43.ztech-hosting.com/index.asp?pgid=11 , my husbands work had a 91 with a 14 sf with 6 lug outers that didn't quite make it to auction but they had sat on it for 3 weeks so they do get them.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Your kidding me? Then if thats the case, why is there such a big price difference? I know the last time I was at FAP, I swore I'd never go back, the people they have working there are such idiots and very rude.

5. 1K_yd_Shooter

1K_yd_Shooter Registered Member

Yep,Fred owned FAP and all the U-PULL-ITS,i use to work for him.
    It is my understanding that he has sold out to a company out of California that is part of Schnitzer.
    I may be wrong on that ,but it was in the paper 2 weeks ago.
    Dennis

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Its true, when Jeff was towing for Copart and they would deliver their auction cars to any U Pull it they had an FAP invoice to go with it. Thought everyone knew that, the U Pull it here in Vancouver is now renamed FAP. I never liked FAP either because of their treatment of me once as a customer, anyways we got such a good connection here for parts :D