Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Lord......The K5 did not leave me stranded today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Mar 18, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, so there I was.......5am and I have to got to work. I look ouside and see 10 inches of snow on the ground.

I look at my Crown Victoria sitting in the snow drift. Look down my street. 100 yards of fresh powder. Look at Crown Vic again. Hell No!!!

I jump in my Tahoe and drive to work (to get a 4wd to use today.) I get there and all the other Deputies are fighting over who gets an Expedition and who gets an Exploder. Not me......................I am happy as hell to see ...........................the old trusty K5 looking at me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

Everyone else got stuck today several times. I drove like I had some sense and made it almost to quitting time before I buried it in the snow. (Sorry, No pics. Fire Dept. guys pushed me out before I had a chance to snap any.)

Did get a pic of my Tahoe though.. [​IMG]

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

OH MAN! That is soooooo cool that you get to drive a K5 for WORK! and the thing puts out too... Can't get any better than that!

Thankyou for the smile Rob... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, snow. Would you please package several hundred tons of that stuff and send it this way?

Back in the day when my dad's dept. had no money and one patrol car, when it would break down, it was personal vehicle use time. At times it was the '60s era Grand Prix, but one particular night when I went riding around with him, it was the '76 Pea Green K5 with the 400 under the hood. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MOABDADC22

[ QUOTE ]
    when it would break down, it was personal vehicle use time.

[/ QUOTE ] That is the theory I used this morning while still in my warm house staring at all the snow. There was no way in hell that I was going to drive a Crown Vic in this much snow. NO WAY!!!

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Very cool. You should request the K5 as your full time ride. I know that is the one I would want to be in on a day like today. I only drove mine down the block and back today, but I wasn't even close to getting stuck with the dual lockers I have in mine. Tomorrow should be real fun with the 10" they are predicting tonight ontop of the 20" or so we have already.

We shoveled the walks at 4pm and I moved and cleaned off my truck. Now there is 6-8" of new snow on the hood, and it is still going good and is supposed to for the whole night and tomorrow too.

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Tell them you need to requisition some bigger tires for Snow Emergency Duty....think they'll fall for it?! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

so what do you do, just stick some red and blue's in the dash and throw all the "cop stuff" in there or what? i didnt' know they let you use your own car as a cruiser, that would be sweet...or is it only under special circumstances?

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know I'm not the driver of this pimp ride, but it relates to the topic of cops and K5's. Here's a pic of a police K5 outside of Uhwarrie in Biscoe, NC. Uhwarrie is our local rock garden and the second largest wheeling spot in NC.

Biscoe Police K5

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

...wish i could get some snoe. 2 years ago i got chains for all 4 of my tires at considerable expense... they fit great on my 35" procomps. It hasnt snowed a flake since then... coinsidence? i think not... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Now picture that in your mind with a 4" lift, and some aggressive tires. You could be the one to chase down the bad guys who think they'll go where a crusier can't follow. Or to rescue some jackass who's off road and doesn't know what the heck he's doing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Be really cool if the department would let you set up up the way you think it'd do the job the best. Let you pic the mods, that you belive would make it be able to do the things you could forsee in the line of duty.

11. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sweet!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

12. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

When are you gonna put a coloradok5 sticker on it?

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so what do you do, just stick some red and blue's in the dash and throw all the "cop stuff" in there or what? i didnt' know they let you use your own car as a cruiser, that would be sweet...or is it only under special circumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]
    My dad had a red Kojak light (my brother found it useful for late hijinks one time)for the dash. He would have to use his personal vehicle everytime the patrol car broke down. Wasn't a common occurrance. Not to mention it's a small town, not like LA chasing people all day. Funny thing is the night I rode with him in the K5, he pulled over another K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Here is how it would look with 5" of lift, 36" TSL's and a soft top...

[​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    I am happy as hell to see ...........................the old trusty K5 looking at me.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

15. MOABDADC22

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that is to sweet man!! to sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif