Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Morning All

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blopez, Aug 14, 2005.

1. blopez

blopez Registered Member

It is an awsome southern California Sunday morning and I willspen the earely hours changing out my mechanical fuel pump. I drained my oil and it was full gas and after spending some time on here with you guys (thanks by the way) we came to the conclusion to change the fuel pump. From what I can see it seems to be straight forward swap, but would like a quick rundown of the procedure if possable, Thanks a million guys.

Brian

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Make sure you get the "push rod" that's up in there, to stay in place before you take the old pump off, or you'll play hell gettin it back in. I usually pull the bolt out of the front of the block and use a longer bolt to run in and put the rod on a slight bind, then just pull the old pump off, clean your gasket surfaces, and reinstall. oh yeah, make sure to rotate the crank over till that push rod is on the low side of the cam it rides on, then run the longer bolt in there. don't muscle that bolt, youll mar the surface of the push rod, and thats very bad! oh and while your at it rplace all those little hoses down there. :D

3. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

well since it is freash in my mind cause mine sprung a leak while wheelin last night with K10A'sBROinSLO. pain in the butt on the trail, DONT GO WITH A HIGH FLOW PUMP!!! so after k10andy and Arq came to my rescue, we got it swapped with no prob. just make shure the pushrod is up when u put the pump in. usually some grease will hold it up.