Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good News/ Bad News

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, Jun 19, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Well I talked to the machine shop yesterday. Good news is my engine will be ready for me to pick up on Friday and my machine bill which i thought was going to be around 900.00 is only 675.00 :-) Bad news is there is no way i'm going to be able to make it to Blazerfest. I really wanted to go and to be able to bring my Jimmy, but I will more than likely be having the engine installed that weekend. Even if i got the engine in before then, I wouldn't have time to break it in first etc. We thought about bringing the 4Runner, but the rearend on it is making noises, and it needs some minor stuff before we can take it offroad again. So hope all you guys have fun! I'll be helping my b/f wrench on my beast. Hopefully we'll find somewhere to do it. Right now no family is volunteering their driveways! Hopefully we can bribe a friend with beer. Take lots of pics and let me know when the next trip is. I should be able to make that as long as it is before soccer season starts (September).

2. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

damn, that sucks

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Come Awn..you have to go. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

You gonna help find a place to do my motor and help me install it so i can? Didn't think so :-)

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

That sucks Sara. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to take the rim I offered you. I'm not going to Blazer-Fest either. So I guess it'll have to wait till next year. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sorry to here that.......I know how you feel, I just ordered my drive shafts today from Sac Drive lines and now I have a broken rear leaf. If it ain't one thing it's another! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif As for the engine I just got mine broke in after a week of runnin back and forth to work n home......does take a while if you want your engine to last a while. Don't rush yourself into doing anything rash from peer pressure! It's your rig and you have to live with how you treat it.

Sorry again,
    Bill C. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    P.S. I was gonna be going, But now I think it's better if I stay at home take care of the repairs I need to do on my rig so that I can enjoy wheelin' alot more later, than breakin' down on the trails! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Tweety... I'll help you if you help me :-) Glad to see you are getting your driveshaft, Sac Driveline Service took very good care of me. I agree on taking my time with this. I need to make sure it is right so I don't have to EVER do it AGAIN. I'm getting frustrated with my Family, they are all sympathetic with the fact that my engine is down, but none want my truck torn apart at their house! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Hopefully I can get a spot to work on it soon. You never answered me on if your neighbor does other bodywork etc? I want to get my body work done, and spot weld the holes on the sides. I have decided not to paint my truck black now. I'm gonna paint it a bright darker <font color="red">RED </font color> with Black top. Should look good with my Grey interior. And my Edelbrock Shocks and Red engine accessories will still match. I got tired of listening to people bitch and say that I shouldn't paint it black. Everything will show etc. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Hey don't let your peers push into doing what you don't wanna do to YOUR rig, it's YOUR rig so build it, paint it YOUR way! It'll be awsome and YOURS!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif