Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good off-road lights?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, I was wondering what some good off-road lights, I was thinking either explorer pro comp, PIAA, or maybe hella. Although im leaning towards the pro comp because they are cheaper. How are they for strongness? Thanks

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

anyone? help! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

KC seem to be the defacto standard

I have a set I got with my axles.... along with a cheap butterfly knife I already broke and some other goofy [darn]

I'm sure they'll work great

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oh! I forgot about those. How are they for duribility?

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i bought some "blazer tech" lights at big lots for 15 bucks once.. put them on my 4runner when i had it.. they were as bright as KC Daylighters, smaller and covered a wide area, when combined with the high beams, i could see EVERYTHING on the trail at night.. i have at least one set in the garage right now, waiting for my next truck..

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Awesome, and when im buying them, theres 2 different type of beams, whats the best for trails and stuff?

7. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

personally I got 4 of the procomp 130s, there a dual pattern driving/flood. I prefer this over the Daylighters I once had as the spot lights didnt give me enough light directly in front of me to see what i was doing/avoid obsticals. sofar the 4 130s have been my fav.

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I swear by the KC lights, or atleast the bulbs!! I usually look around for cheap housings junk yards, other members. And buy the good KC bulbs, the 150watt, 365,000 candlepower bulbs at put them in whatever housings I have, including the "cop style" spot lights. The bulbs are 18.00 each.

9. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I am using the procomps, 2 front/2 rear, they are great, cheap and havent had any probs with them even when submerging them when launching my boat. But they are great for setting up camp and such and nice on the trails/highway /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I just got the pro comps like 2 weeks ago, They are pretty bright, not as much as I expected. For the price I am pleased with the performance. Probably won't use them that much. For "strongness" They seem to be built well and the mounting hardware is strong and stable. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

what size of bulbs are the 150w.? 6" sealed or something like a H4? harbor freight has a housing for like 9 bucks with a 6" light would this maybe work?

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The best off road lights are cheap ones so when you smash them you can afford new ones.

[​IMG]

My idea to protect them.

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I like KC... Had cracks in the light frame and they warrented them out right away.....
    [​IMG]

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Where did you get that bumper from? And is there a place, online, I can get KC lights? Thanks.