Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good or bad thing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Aug 29, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

:rant on:

lately at work, it feels like i`ve been getting **** on pretty much. my job title is maintenence, which is very easy there, and i often find myself bored. but i always end up doing everyone elses job, for instance cover all recievings breaks, home fashions(furnitire and curtain dept.) breaks, go on register, and on top of all that, keep up with the carriages....may not seem like much, but when your in the middle of doing one thing, then start something else, get called to do something else but cant do it yet, listen too the person complain, end up doing what they want at the same time your doing what you were doing, then continue doing your original thing, and then when you start that, get called to do something different, IT SUCKS!....but i`m not sure how to take it...are they having me do all that stuff because they think i`m dependable and know what i`m doing?...its been twice in a week they asked me to stay late, like tonight, i worked an 11 hour shift, from 11am-10pm....i`m starting to wonder....do i need to start looking for a new job? or is this a good thing?

:rant off:

2. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

im not sure, but i think i would tell them that im busy!!! Theyre gonna have to WAIT!!!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Is it a good thing? That depends on your outlook IMO. If you are remotely ambitious I'd say it is a good thing. You're obviously versatile and dependable or people wouldn't keep asking you to help out, or work late etc etc.

Just remember that the more you do the more you learn and the more valuable you become.

Valuable, dependable and competent= more money.

Rene

4. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

yep if you are trying to move up and get noticed its a good thing..but make sure they are not using you first just so they can sit around and let you do ecverything

5. NEK5

hey thanks guys...well i`m not necessarily trying to move up anymore, but i`m just trying to get a real good review(get my 3 months in like 2 weeks)...i`ve been there for almost a year, and been threw 3 positions, carts, cashier, now maintenance, and i`m still doing all three....

K5greek, thats what i`m afraid of, if thats the situation, i`m gonna be pissed....then they`ll see what i`ll be doin

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Been there!..

I've had several jobs,where I was hired to work a parts counter--they "forgot" to tell me while I was being interviewed I'd be expected to empty the rubbish barrels,unload thousands of lbs of freight deliveries,and deliver parts if the drivers were all busy elsewhere!..I was always getting reamed for doing "someone elses job" ,when I'd go do what I was told!..having TWO "partner" bosses really sucks--one tells you to do something,so you do it--then the other one reams you out for "abandoning your counter!"...:mad:

I eventually got fed up enough to blow my stack in front of BOTH bosses,and told them "I can only F*** up one thing at a time!-:doah: -and if your too CHEEP to hire enough employees,dont bitch ME out because I can't do the work of 3 people at once!"...:mad:

I thought they would fire me,(and I was kind of hoping they would!)--but they just said "calm down,we understand your feelings--now GET BACK TO WORK!"....I eventually quit,I hated getting up in the morning,was always coming in late,and getting reamed for it...my stomach was a living ulcer every day,and I always felt lousy..:mad:

When you wish you'd die in your sleep ,rather than go to work,that's when I decided to look elsewhere for employment...
    Life is far too short to be treated like a paid slave,and always getting yelled at--and never get a raise or a thank you for saving your boss lots of money by doing more work than one person should be expected too...I suppose this is more common than it ever was before nowadays..Stand your ground,don't let them use you!..:crazy:

7. NEK5

:mad: :mad: well, i dont know, i think today was a feel for the last straw, so as i described before, for the past two weeks, when i`m at work i get 1000 and 1 jobs thrown at me to do, on top of my own.....well today they had someone to do carts, so i didnt have to do them, so i was actually able to do my "own" job, which takes so little time to do, so i got done quick, and it just so happens every time i had nothing to do, one of the night sups saw me doing nothin, so they both tried keeping a tab on me....now they both, when i came in today, had something in their asses, and i sure didnt want to deal with it, so they tell me to do something (which an asst. manager told me if i have something to do for my "own" job, dont do it) so in way of not listening to them b***h, i did a little of what they asked, then went on to what i was supposed to do...so i finish that, and one of the new workers needed help transfering stuff from another store, so i had to show her...so the front end coordinator(person who runs the front of the store, registers, etc...) calls that girl to cashier, well since she`s on the phone, she can`t, so guess who`s goin on?yep, good ol me....i go on for like 45 minutes, then ask if i can close so i could help the kid doing carriages, because they were pretty bad, and it was almost time to go....so he says "if you close are you gonna actually do work?"....and i said "what, you gotta be kiddin me", so he said close, within seconds of starting to ring up my last customer, the @$$hole tells me to stay open.....i cant stand when they pull $hit like that:mad: :mad: