Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good people are too good sometimes :D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

So, Pauly and I got the trailer all fixed up finally. Moved the #3 leaf from the left side to the right (where it was broken), and threw in a plate of metal about 1/4" thick. Now the right side of the trailer sits with plenty of wheel clearance. The shackle is still fully extended, but I think it will survive the trip.

We went out for a rattle-run (where all your tools and parts you forgot about rattle off), and Pauly commented about the excessive vibration in the truck. It's always been like that, so I've just been used to it.

Get back to the house, and took a look under the truck. I found a U-joint with a good chunk missing out of its cap (no visible bearings :eek:) and Pauly found my tranny mount needs replacing. I could probably use some new motor mounts to cover all my bases, but those are a PITA to change "just 'cause".

So tomorrow... R&R tranny mount and U-joint.

Maybe I'll finally get to go home sometime this week :D

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

motormounts are easy to change
    all you need is a floor jack and about 30 min.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Yup, and you probably want to change them at the same time as the tranny mount. I have read here that there could be issued with mixing old and new mounts as the motor and tranny won't flex the smae and could cau'se undue stress on the tranny bellhousing. I'd just bite the bullet, do the mounts and sleep easier.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have no meetings , testing , or anything else I didn't expect tonight . Marv hasn't called to come fetch the 14 bolt on the Sub yet , and I won't pick up any parts tonight .

So we can get some picture time , and maybe eat before you leave . If you aren't done with the truck , I will help :thumb:

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

glad I had the opportunity to buy that rear diff, as i mentioned it when the sale of the Burb was done....:rolleyes:

6. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Mitch took the truck to some drive-shaft place to get the U-joints replaced on the truck.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I was told at the time of vehicle transfer, that the P.O. wanted to keep it, i mentioned when the Burb switched owners, that if P.O. ever decided to sell it, to let me know....but oh well:rolleyes:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

PAULY PAULY!!:bow:

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

the big thing is no poly motor mounts and stock tranny mounts or vice versa

but ya i would change them all at once

10. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I think I'm gonna wait until I get back to KS to do the mounts. The new U-joints fixed the "new" vibrations I've been having. The "old" vibration is still there, probably from the worn out mounts. I'll just deal with it until I get home.