Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good People, Good Advice, but The Old Girl Gave Up..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dewey, Jan 15, 2001.

1. dewey

dewey Registered Member

Hey Guys and Gals,
    This is kind of a signing off. I know i'm a "stranger" here, but you people gave me some pretty good advice recently on my post "just about to give up". After replacing u-joints, tie rods, balancing tires, and so much more, the timing chain broke this afternoon on the way home from the shop. I just got back from signing papers on a new AWD mini-van. Now I can just dream about 4 wheeling. You just gotta know when your licked I guess. I'll still check in and give my two cents.
    thanks
    D.
    ps Don't laugh too loud when you pass the little mini van
    pps- Will 33" tires fit on a gmc mini van?
    gotta keep laughin'

D.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You don't have to have a K5 to be on this site...just have the spirit...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Well dew, you've got the most important thing in a situation like that. A sense of humor.
    Hey, if you can't look at life and laugh sometimes, it's time to take a step back.
    Good luck in all your endevours my fellow K5er.

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

4. bushwacker

bushwacker Registered Member

Don't dew it Dewey!! A timing chain isn't the end of the world.

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Aw, come on Dewey. Why did you have to do that?? I'm sure a new 454 crate+dana60 would be cheaper and better than your new minivan. And that would've solved all of your problems.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. bangin_my_k5

bangin_my_k5 Registered Member

where are you located I'll be happy to help you replace that timing chain if your any where near florida. But if not than i hope you decide one day to give that old girl a second chance. althought with a 4 inch body lift and some fender triming you might fit some 33's. Haha good luck with whatever you drive

break em if you can

7. dewey

dewey Registered Member

This is a real shame, their giving me 200 dollars for her.
    350, 700r4, 85% left on dick cepeks, fog lights etc...anyone want her.? She's on the side of the road in plymouth, ma.

D.

8. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I'm up in the Boston area. What would you take for the truck?

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I wish I was closer because I'd take her for that much....... I'd chage the chain and then sell her and get 4k for her.....
    Or you can part it out I'm looking for a cheep Throddle body.....you would make more then $200.

Or donate it to on of the cherities in your are and use it as a tax credit!!!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

10. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do not leave a vehicle at the side of the road...thats shameful....get a tow truck and have it towed at least to your house. Forget the mini van. A timing chain isn't the end of the world. I have never changed one...but if there is still the inards there and they all work...its worth keeping!!! DO NOT LET THE DEALER BUY IT!!! They will screw you. Its worth MUCH MORE than $200!!! More like $4000 WITH a broken timing chain.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!

11. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Don't throw in the towl!!!! You're just getting started and you don't know what your walking away from. You've put all that money in the truck and it sounds like you've get one heck of steering system now. A timing chain is cake, even I could do that and that aint sayin' much (laugh), just kidding. Seriously though I bet if there are any K5ers near you they'd help you put it in instead of letting it go. If it threw a rod or something I could see your logic, but its not licked yet.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

12. dewey

dewey Registered Member

its out of my hands now, their going to part her out at robertsons gmc auto salvage in wareham, ma.

D.