Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good people

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, May 28, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would just like to share my experience with one of the few good people left in the world.

A few weeks ago a spur of the moment camping trip was scheduled between me and a few friends. In a hurry I grabed my check book which had a fair amount of cash in it, just in case of an emergency and I needed money. Not thinking I rode fourwheelers around for over 20 miles in the national forest with it in my back pocket. when we got back to camp it was gone. We looked all night and all the next day looking everywhere we had been the night before. I considered it a loss and had my checks canceled but I was still sore about losing the money and a few of the important reciepts I kept in it. Today I got a call from a man who had found it and met him in a near by town to pick it up. Everything was still inside, checks money and all. I insisted that he take some money from me for his trouble but refused all three times I offered. Just an all around great guy and I couldnt be more thankful that someone like him found it rather then someone that would steal all my money and use my checks.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good deal

I remeber my dad helipng someone out with a tire or somesuch for someone at my house when i was 10. He didnt want to take the money they offered so they tried to give it to me.

"You take that money and I'll beat your ass, son"

And lo, that's a lesson learned

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i never take money from a stranger in need, unless of course they do something stupid. i probably made $500 last winter pulling dumbasses out of ditches.

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive pulled 3 people out of the ditch where I work cause they think its a parking space

5. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That's cool for sure. I've always been the forgetful type when it comes to my wallet and such. When I was younger I worked about 40 minutes from where I lived. Left my wallet on the newspaper rack at work when I was locking up for the night. The gentleman who found it drove it to my house and delivered it to my front door. This was back in the day when it wasn't as simple as googling an address. My wife didn't get his name or number so I never got to thank the guy. Nice to hear about good people like this.

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

He probably knew where you lived because of your driver's license! ;)

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I hate Mikey.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pass it forward.

9. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I always carry a tow strap and an small assortment of hook and clevis' in my truck. I have towed many a stranded motorist off the road and even a few blocks to the station or such. I never take cash when it is offered unless they are insistent and I feel that it will really hurt their feeling if I don't.

I once came across this lady just sitting in a turn lane crying. I pulled up behind her, put on my flashers and walked up to see what was wrong, her door was open and the car didn't appear to be running. She was completly distraut. I had to calm her down, give her very specific instructions on what to do, and I got her to let me tow her and her car out of the intersection. She finally calmed down and told me that people were yelling at her to get moving and other such things and when she called her husband he said, something along the lines of tuff luck deal with it. What a jackass!

Being a good samaritan is always the best.

I also carry concealed so if someone ever decides to try and trick me with a fake breakdown, (only seen this in the movies) I will have nice big .40 cal suprise for them. Remember... SAFETY FIRST. LOL

10. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

lmao, well i got that part! But to track down the actual house in a town 40 minutes away, that has 50,000 people in it was pretty impressive in my book.:p:

11. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

That reminds me... one time I pull up to an ATM and there is a CREDIT CARD in the machine. I look quickly look up and see a van disappear around the corner of the building. So I grab the card and follow it. Now what this guy sees in a huge truck following him EVERYWHERE. I can't seem to catch him at a stoplight and he keeps driving around and around. SO finally I back way off and he pulls into a hotel. I cautiously watch and follow. he goes to the back parking lot. I pull in and see him parked in a spot. I creep up to the parking spot and sit there waiting for him to get out of his vehicle. FINALLY, he gets out and comes around the back of the van and sees me sitting there with a mildly irritated look on my face. His eyes get HUGE and who knows what thought go through his head. I pull up to him, power down my passengers window and say, "Hey, did you leave you Credit Card at the ATM". He is in shock. I don't know what he was thinking, but he stutters out a 'Yes'. I hold it up for him and could actually see the concern melt off his face. He give me a bunch of thanks and such and then says. I thought that maybe I had cut you off or something looking for this hotel and you were coming back here to road rage on me. I had seen you following me and didn't really know what to do. I am from out of town and don't know anyone. I started laughin my ass off. I guess I look like rough or something.