Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good place to buy used audio stuff???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jul 13, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Other than ebay... suggestions? I need some new(er) junk for my Burb...

Thanks all!

-Dan

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Ebay or your classified ads. If ebay, look for a warranty and the feedback. If local, try it out if possible before purchasing.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I go pawnshoping every now and then. Sometimes you can get a good deal.

4. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

go to ur local audio shop, or crutchfield.com. they should have deals on what u need. And i do believe you said other than ebay lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Yea... I dont know how excited I am to buy from eBay folks with this kind of stuff. While some of the places have decent deals, it also is very obvious that they make back the discount they "give you" in their shipping costs! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Screw that.

-Dan

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Dan,

I've had decent luck on eBay for amps....not sure I'd ever buy stuff with moving parts (ie CD player or Speakers) there unless they were NIB.

Not much to go wrong on an amp, especially if you are buying THE GOOD STUFF....used is a good way to save some serious $$$. I routinely picked up my personal favorite a/d/s PQ20's for around $200-$250, when they sold new for around $800 ea. That frees up money for lot of other goodies I needed also............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i wouldnt go to the local audio shop, at least the one here thinks his sh%t is made out of gold. for instance.. a plain jane mobile authority cap i got the other day ( had store credit, had to get something) was supposedly 450 bucks! its just a basic 16v 20 surge 1 farad POS.

8. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

that shouldn't have been more than 130-150! lol. well, if all else fails, (and i know i sound like a broken record) got to Crutchfield.com . And actually, now that i think of it, i just bought my front stage speakers from Circuit City at a lower cost than crutchfield (they were on sale though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) So check out those places (and then shove that cap up that guys arse and demand ur money back) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif