Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good place to get MTRs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 7, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when my 35" procomp MTs go belly up, Im pondering running 37" MTRs on my 15" rims. Anyone know how these compare $-wise to 37" ProComp X-terrains? who has the best deals on goodyears? I know the MTRs are great all around tires... just wondering where u guys get em. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Go here for Goodyear MTRs. They usually have the best price on them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When I was looking for tires to put on the Blazer, America's Tire co was selling the 37/12.5/17 mounted and balanced for 190 a peice. Might wanna try there, it seemed like a good deal at the time.

4. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

If you have a Sam's Club membership, they sell MTRs. Kinda a special order thing, not sure how it works.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I second tirerack.com. The 37's are barely more than the 35's. X-terrains are like $100 more per tire. They will have to get their price down soon to compete because everybody knows that MTR's rock. I am contemplating 37" MTRs as my future tire as well. Why is it so hard to not want bigger tires? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Find an America's Discount Tire in Oregon - gotta love no sales tax!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Don't forget to give your local dealer a chance. I priced out a set of 315 75 16 MTR's, and he came within 2 dollars of all the ads. Yes, he is going to add sales tax onto that, but he has to do all the warranty work too.

Hmmm sales tax vs. shipping? If about the same, I'd keep the money in the community....Just let him know you know what others are getting for the same thing, and see if he wants to play....