Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good price for dana 60?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Mar 1, 2004.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

(UPDATE) Well good news, I am getting one this saturday for $600 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif, complete from hub to hub. I even know that is acceptable /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Is $850 a good enough deal to pick up a dana 60, the only thing I need to get is the hubs. I am so excited, next week I will be joining the 1-ton club if I get this dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. And the guy at the junk yard is scoring me a 14ff w/4.56 for $450. What do you guys think?

2. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

good deal on 60 but I wouldn't buy the 14 bolt unless it has a detroit /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

oh and welome to the club, mine should be in by next week, and on the trail in two /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

$450 is good for a 14bff in so-cal. Buy it and enjoy it. You might find a rusty one in detroit or some other god foresaken place for $150.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, watch out for those rusty axles, they're worthless compared to a cleaned painted one. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, watch out for those rusty axles, they're worthless compared to a cleaned painted one. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I live in Norcal and got my 14BFF for $100 with newish brakes. Sorry about your luck. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I havent bought it yet, I have found 14's for 250 at the bone yard but I figure this guy is going to setup some 4.56's for me so it might be ok. Oh and I forgot that is with a detroit. But my main concern is the price of the 60, I dont know how much a set of hubs will cost for it. I think 850 is good for the dana 60 minus hubs but I just want to be sure so I dont get bamboozeled /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

In hubs, do you mean lock outs? they are between $150-$200 for a set depending on brand, if you mean the bearings hubs, then the price is a little high, the hubs will run you about $180 ea for a SRW set not counting bearings and the other extras to actually get them on.

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hey man,id do the 60,but the 14 is a little steep if ya ask me.I would really check around before "scoring".I think he might be scoring on you if the 14 bolt is all old.Make sure and count the teeth,and INSIST on removing the diff cover....Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

It's a good deal all around.

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Come on guy,the last i heard you were stuck on half ton "wonder wheeler"axles.....That sucks for a 14 bolt,we get 14 bolts here all day long,for 100 bucks.*clap*clap*clap* We treid to tell you along time ago lol.And dont get all bent out of shape this time calling everybody ****** either..........YOURS TRULY HI PINION........ask and ye shall receive /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Where do you live? I think the prices are just rediculous in So-Cal. I just paid 325K for a rental house, and everybody says that is a really awesome cheap price. Heck, gas is $2.17 a gallon here.

13. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

yeah no kidding prices in socal are outrageous, look out arizona and nevada, many people from cali are flooding your way

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I live in sac.i said that,about the 14 bolt cuz i was lookin out for his best interest(i do that)with the detriot hell ya,good deal.Without,who knows.Dude,over here 100-150 is the asking price on a junkyard 14 bolt,no joke.The prices over there are out- rageous compared to here in Sac.Ive made 100+ grand in eqity alone in the last 3 yrs because of bay areans moving here.I know the prices,cause my family lives right up your alley,in the bay.Things are cheaper depending on where ya go.Jake /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

That equity thang is sickening. I bought my first house for $220K 4 years ago, now it's worth 420K on a bad day. The rental I bought 2 months ago for 325K appraised during escrow for 340K because of the 2 month escrow. 2 months, 15K? Nice, but where's the ceiling?

16. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

A D60 for $850 with no hubs is maybe a fair price if it's local and in really nice shape. Then you will spend probably $400+ or more on SRW hubs and bearings. Plus if it needs to be rebuilt, re-geared, brakes, tie-rod, etc. It adds up real quick. It's almost better if possible to bite the bullet and buy one that has the right gears, locker, and ready to bolt in and go even though it's pricey.

The 14 bolt if in good shape with 4.56 gears and a Detroit locker for $450 is a good deal. If you buy one for a $100 bucks you'll more than likely have no gears or locker and those aren't cheap to buy and install.

17. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

450.00 seems high for a 14ff. it might be cheaper to have one shipped to you. Also 850.00 seems high for a 60 with no hubs, They will run another 250.00-300.00. Is this off a dually? by the time you get new bearings and seals and everything probably another 100.00+ /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I gave $800 for my D60. It is torn down and needs all new seals and bearings, but it is complete. Its out of a single rear wheel K30 truck, and has 4.10 gears. Got the non matching 3.73 ratio 14 bolt with it for another $50.

Kris

19. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check out ebay auction 2463629616.That might be the way to go.....

20. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Where do you live? I think the prices are just rediculous in So-Cal. I just paid 325K for a rental house, and everybody says that is a really awesome cheap price. Heck, gas is $2.17 a gallon here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why Cali is a suck-ass state. Robs you of your money and you are left with nothing in your pockets. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Don't like it? Move out. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif