Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Quadrajet Needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Mudzer, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Looking for a temporary fix for my K5. Fuel system is acting up and would like to find a known good Quadrajet for sale at a decent price. Do any of you have one, or know of a good place to buy a rebuilt one cheap. Dont want to spend a bunch, because I am installing TBI on a new motor which will go in soon. Just need a temp fix. Enough rambling... email me if you have one for sale. npickett@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

You could rebuild it yourself real cheap. Ive done the one on my old firebird many a time. I know if I can do it you can too.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I rebuilt mine a while back, but the shafts are worn badly. Do they sell a kit with new shaft bushings?

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I know you can get them, but where at I dont know. I think you may need some specialized tools to put them in. Is it acting like its got a bad vacuum leak?

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

5. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

You know, the q-jet on the motor that is supposed to go in that blazer works pretty good........

thebigdaddyof2

6. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I have one from my 79 Jimmy. Last year I paid a guy 250 to rebuild it. He rebuilt it, but i never got it dialed in correctly. It passed CA smog and ran good, but he was supposed to finish dialing it in and he disapeared. I ended up buying a brand new edelbrock and having it installed. The other carb is fine, just needs the choke adjusted on it. I just decided I wanted a brand new one. Make me an offer on it. I was going to post it on Ebay today.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have one off a runnign 79 425 caddy if interested

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", converting to 2wd and pickup body(I did not want to do this- rust made me do it)