Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good race at 'dega, more nascar inconsistencies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k20, Oct 3, 2004.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Good race at \'dega, more nascar inconsistencies

Ok, Nascar pissed me off w/ that last lap wreck. I remember earlier this yr, Gordon leading, Junior passing, they are in turn 3&4 w/ like 5 to go, wreck in turn 2 and on backstretch, out comes the caution, field frozen. Then they cruised around the rest of the race, under caution (as the fans showered the track w/ debris), instead of throwing the red like they had been doing all yr, and letting 'em clean up the wreck, and go back to racin. Then today......wreck on the backstretch, final lap, instead of doing like do at other races where theres a wreck on the last lap, and throw a caution, freeze the field, they keep on racin, and then a car ends up on its roof. Had Elliot Sadler been hurt Nascar woulda be screwed so bad. If there was a wreck, why the heck didnt they throw the caution, freeze the field, so the medics could get rolling? Doesnt make any sense. Good job Nascar, make em up as you see em.

Way to go Junior /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Good race at \'dega, more nascar inconsistencies

Nascar worries more about the fans then the racing anymore I think.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

all about money. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

nextel is trying to mix things up to increase the fan base and make money. look at all the rule changes. some for the better, some for worse. some things they change back to what they were.

in the other races you were referring to where they threw the red flag on short tracks or longer tracks? maybe they figured there was enough room to finish the race.

but i must say that i was glued to the tv for the last 20 laps. what an exciting finish. so i guess nextel is doing something right.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , it was on the final lap , ad JR didn't get passsed by anyone , even though they TRIED /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There really was not much NASCAR could do. The wreck actually happened on the last half of the last lap; so when there is only a half of lap left to go, there is not much you can do to get the drivers to slow down.

WAY TO GO BRENDAN GAUGHAN, 4th PLACE # 77 KODAK/JASPER TEAM.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah I know what you mean, it can be frustrating.

At least Gordon didnt win. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

What happened to the 48 car? I missed the race.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

He couldn't keep it cool , and the motor blew /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well as far as slowing cars, one race this yr, may have been a busch race, there was a wreck on the final lap, they threw the caution, field was frozen, in the places where they were when the caution lights came on. End of race. Drove around to the caution, finished, badda bing end of story.

But what I cant understand is, theres cars sliding everywhere on the backstretch (dont know if a driver is injured) and left it under green.

And the red flag fiasco from nascars past, at a short track (half mile) w/ 5 to go, they would redflag, but at talladega (2.5 mile) w/ 5 to go, they end under caution. That was also after the freeze the field stuff so even if you were passin a guy going 10mph (exageration) faster than he was, but were just 2" behind his nose, tough luck he beat you, and we are going to run 12.5miles at 55mph just to let gordon win. Yes I remember cause Junior was all but past him when the caution lights came on.

11. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

there is really no good way to do it. according to the rules on the green white checker finish though, the race should be over. acording to the new caution rule the field should have been frozen & came back to the line, & the race would be over.

nascar is a fly by the seat of the pants org. make a new rule all the time, nothing is a problem until the fans bitch.

the race was fun to watch though