Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good repair/owners manual?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1979Jimmy, Dec 27, 2001.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a good owners or repair manual. I have Chiltons but i dont really like it the repair information is to specific. Normally that would seem like a good thing but there isnt much help when it comes to troubleshooting new problems or when you want to know the details of some components. What are you guys using? I know for some of you guys your factory service manuals have become usless, would you ever part with them? Thanks.

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I thought Chilton's had a troubleshooting section? Haynes does. that's what I use.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Whats the use in a manual anyways? Unless you have a complete stocker, you'll need an entire army of manuals to cover all the various parts/pieces you have installed. [​IMG]

I went out and bought a Chiltons too, but I didn't appreciate it very much. I think the next manual to purchase is the GM shop manual. Should sell for around $120...

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i have 3 manuals and will need a 4th here pretty soon.[​IMG] and i STILL don't know my cam specs![​IMG]

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

5. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I got the Shop manual from Faxon Literature for around $80.00 delivered. I get the most use out of the wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, etc.
    I don't remember their number but I think I found them on the web.

81 Blazer Silverado Package, 350, 4" lift, 35" tires