Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good replacement Radio needed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by lehtola, Apr 26, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

I need to get a good replacement radio that will look at seamless as the stock in my 90 Jimmy. Is there such a beast? I am going to replace the speakers also. My current system sucks even though it looks good with the equalizer. It was the stock premium sound of the day. Anyone done anything nice with thiers? I would like to get one with a tape deck and a cd deck. I don't need a cd changer. I only play one cd at a time anyway. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I know that audiovox makes a piece that will fit into the stock location. It is the same size as the stock unit. (din and a half) It has a tape and cd player in one unit. It isnt really flashy, but looks very nice and very stock. It also has changer controlls built into it and it has a set of rca pre amp outputs on it also. So it is very upgradeable. I know the retail price is around $399.95 I dont know the model number on the unit but I will find out. I dont stock them anymore but should be able to get one if you were interested.

[​IMG]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

wal-mart has a jenson cd player for 169.00 that is supposed to fit..i looks like it would fit pretty good...i am considering getting it

AIRBORNE!!