Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good shop near seattle

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by zach78k5, Oct 11, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a good shop in the seattle area. I just installed a holley projection so I need someone who will most likely be able to work on that system. I know Jim Greene would probably be good but any other suggestions would be great.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

The pro-jection is pretty easy to work on (I ran one until a week ago) set it and forget it...

Other than that the parts are fairly simple too. Fuel pressure, injectors, filter.

If you have questions or problems, feel free to shoot me a PM or whatever.

-Ryan

3. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

well I wanted to have the timing properly set and my tv cable readjusted. Should I just adjust the projection myself? It looked pretty simple in the book. set TPS and idle speed and the rest is just preference for my performance vs. fuel needs. Will I need to adjust the fuel pressure?

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

you shouldnt need to adjust fuel pressure... you will want to make sure its between 13 - 15 lbs though, any more and you will be setting all of your potentiometers(sp) to max and mins.

Mostly yes, once you get your TPS set and get your idle set (your idle will take some time because it will change when you change the main and idle adjustments)

Basically, the only real advice is to take your time, make small adjustments and try to keep a record of how/when you made changes so you can move it back to the last known good setup without having to flatline everything and start from scratch... mostly, just take your time. Its not hard to get it running good, its just time consuming to get it running great...

-Ryan