Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good shop that does carb work?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by barbastard, Jul 8, 2002.

1. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a good shop or mechanic that can adjust a Quadrajet (4MV) for my 1977 blazer (350CID)that is here in the bay area? I went out wheeling this weekend in the mountains outside CHICO at about 6300 feet and I was ready to friggin shoot my carb!!! If it cut out one more time on an incline..... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

At any rate...if anyone knows of someone/some shop that can adjust it to run in a 4x4 at extreme angles PLUS make it run as sweet as possible on the road up the trails, I would greatly appreciate it. I imagine all that needs to be done is adjust the float level and air/fuel mixture to get it where I need it, but alas...I know very little about carbs and unfortunately don't have the time right now to learn. However....a possible free beer is in order to anyone that gives me good info /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Thanks for your help in advance...you guys rock!!

Nate

AKA "Barbastard"

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Heed the force Luke, EFI is the only way to keep from succumbing to the darkside of extreme angles.

3. barbastard

Negative Ghost Rider....PATTERN IS FULL!!!! I refuse to go to EFI as I think it is cheating and an abomination.....plust it's damn expensive!!! I thought about it but it's just too damn expensive and more effort than I want to put into it (at least right now). But thanks for the advice...point taken.

So....I digress....Someone out there has to know of a good carb mechanic/shop!!! HELP!!!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Oh yeah...Did I mention.....FREE BEER TO THE PERSON THAT HELPS ME FIND THE SHOP/MECHANIC!!! Now that's a friggin deal...

Thanks

Nathan

AKA "Barbastard"

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Oh yeah...Did I mention.....FREE BEER TO THE PERSON THAT HELPS ME FIND THE SHOP/MECHANIC!!! Now that's a friggin deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well crap, if that's the case, I mean 2, one for the finder's fee (me) and another for the mechanic, bring that thing down here into the lovely and lush Valley (only a 4-5 hour drive) and I'll get you a damn mechanic. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. barbastard

ehhh...a little too far me to drive. However....I'll gladly drink beer with you anytime my friend!!! But thanks for the offer...