Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good source for 16.5" beak lock wheels???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fad2blk99, Jul 25, 2004.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Good source for 16.5\" beak lock wheels???

Anyone know where I can get a descent deal on a set? I know trail ready makes 'em custom but they are outragously expensive.
    I seem to recall the pallets of hummer wheels we've shipped out to the desert (I'm in the Air Force) were 16.5". I assume they were hummer wheels... they were 8-lug black bead locks wheels w/ 37" meats mounted on them. Anyone know what those wheels go for?

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: Good source for 16.5\" beak lock wheels???

I have some Rockstomper bead locks and am very pleased with them. They are either do it yourself or thet can do it for you...

3. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

call john over at www.stazworks.com I am very happy with my custom double beadlocks.
    or depending where you are you can call www.customcommercialwheel.com I also have a set of there beadlocks but they arent as heavy duty as the staz locks.

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Stazworks has some really nice stuff! Some of the nicest I've seen!!
    If you don't mind my asking... what size tire are you running with them and what's the lowest air pressure you run? Basicly, how well have you tested the holding ability of the beadock?

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Stazworks has some really nice stuff! Some of the nicest I've seen!!
    If you don't mind my asking... what size tire are you running with them and what's the lowest air pressure you run? Basicly, how well have you tested the holding ability of the beadock?

[/ QUOTE ]

I run 42" TSLs on 16.5 beadlocks and have run them completely flat out of curiosity and they held just fine.

there is actually no possible way for them to come off they are completely bolted to the wheel.

I would recomend them to anyone that is looking for a set of locks and they are by far the strongest wheels that I have seen on the market.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

7. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I plan to run 42s as well. How are your on road driving manners w/ the beadlocks (not that the 42s are very "round").

8. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I plan to run 42s as well. How are your on road driving manners w/ the beadlocks (not that the 42s are very "round").

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought do it yourself beadlocks were not legal /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only chance that I have had yet on the road was at the rubicon heading in from robbs resort and back out.
    only about 10 miles each way at 25 miles per hour so I dont know just yet ?

when I get a chance next week I will let you know.

10. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i thought do it yourself beadlocks were not legal /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    They aren't, as far as I know /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. Then again most of our lifted trucks probably aren't exactly legal either.
    Granted, if they are not safe to drive on the street then I don't want to run 'em; however, if it's just some formality that keeps them from getting DOT approval, I don't think it should be a big deal on a non-daily driver.

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I've run my trailreadys down to 4 psi in trail situations without losing the inner bead. With a dual lock, you don't have to have air, that's kind of the idea. Some of this comes down to weight, if you're concerned about it, a set of single locks will be lighter and do a similar job to a dual lock. The steel weld it yourself locks are not light at all though, Beck's wheels weigh about 55# each. And without a centering ring, you will probably have problems keeping the tires true.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

www.diy4x.com

13. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Not sure if you are still looking for bead locks but Kert at DIY4X is haveing a sale on bead locks right now. Give him an email, he does great work. I got these rock rings from him and they fit perfect

[​IMG]

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have factory Hummer Rims w/ the beadlocks/runflats. I just got them put together on Friday and havent wheeled them... and wont get to for a while. I can tell you that the 12 bolt Hummer rims ARE DOT APPROVED if you are concerned about that. The beadlocks w/ the runflats are a motherfu#$er to put together, but it can be done in your garage. As for cost, mine were free...

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

FYI, non-DOT approved, and illegal are 2 different terms... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have factory Hummer Rims w/ the beadlocks/runflats. I just got them put together on Friday and havent wheeled them... and wont get to for a while. I can tell you that the 12 bolt Hummer rims ARE DOT APPROVED if you are concerned about that. The beadlocks w/ the runflats are a motherfu#$er to put together, but it can be done in your garage. As for cost, mine were free...

[/ QUOTE ]
    really?? I didnt think anybeadlocks were DOT approved /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    If they are then that is awesome and I am going to run them /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Once you take the stock centers out of Hummer rims they are no longer DOT approved. But not alot of people know that.

18. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    really?? I didnt think anybeadlocks were DOT approved /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    If they are then that is awesome and I am going to run them /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MIne are factory 12 bolt Hummer rims, not recentered, and have DOT Approved stamped right on them ...

19. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

where is it stamped on them??

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    where is it stamped on them??

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the front plate... I can take a picture if you want...