Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good source for 1st gen K5's

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by POWERMAD, Mar 26, 2005.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Good parts source for 1st gen K5's

I just brought home a 69 CST and it needs a few items, fender and a couple of small patch panels.
    A new outer rocker cover came with the rig, hopefuly that is all that will need replaced.
    There is no carpet or mats and the floor is suprisingly intact, just surface rust and only in the middle of the floor.
    No rust around the windsheild or pillars and just a small rust hole in the front of each rear wheel well opening.

The guy I bought it from ditched the front clip and put a 68 clip on it.
    How hard is it going to be to find a 69 front end? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

I also got a complete 6" lift and 39.5 swampers with it, I realy don't see that large a tire going on as this is now my only mode of transportation.
    Does a 36" tire with a 6" lift sound about right for a Gen I ?

It actualy doesn't look bad with the 31" M/T tires on it and stock height.

The top isn't in the best of shape either, where is a good source for a soft top.

This has a roll bar in it also, did these come from the factory with them or is it an aftermarket deal.

As I get into it more I am sure I will have more questions about it. :laugh:
    But for now I have to get an engine dropped in it and get it legal before the 8th or my butt is gonna be taking the bus to work.
    After that I can start on doing other things to it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

first off, congrats on the purchase:thumb:

I think you could use a front clip from a pickup if you can find one, or their are several companies that make reproduction parts if you want to spend the money.

The 6 inch lift will do fine with 36's. You might have to do a little fender trimming, but nothing drastic.

I think ORD has soft tops.

I'm not sure, but I think the roll bar was a factory option, I know mine didn't come with one.

Post up a pic when you get a chance, I'd love to see it:D

Good luck with the build up.

Steve

3. skip3mountain

skip3mountain Newbie

try...

www.oldclassictrucks.com

www.manestruckparts.com

classic industries: 800.854.1280

I just slid into a concrete wall with my 69, and I'm looking for the same thing...

Sucks.

Good luck.

As far as the roll bar goes, there were a few factory options.

Let me know how it goes.

skip
    69 G1

4. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status