Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good stainless brakelines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 7, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Where can I get some good stainless brake lines (73-87 1/2ton) for a decent price Im not worried about them being DOT approved just a pretty good line and not a real bad price btw they need to be for a 6 or 8in lift

Also if you convert a 1/2ton to 3/4 is there any differance in the brake lines?

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I recommend skyjacker extended braided stainless lines. They have a sort of coating that keeps mud/dirt from working into the braided wires. The only thing you need to know is whether you have metric or standard calipers. Generally 10 bolts have metric and D44s have standard. The calipers are interchangeable except for the banjo bolt size (10mm vs 7/16). Expect to pay about $30 each for the hoses.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used the Earls build your own lines. They have a -3 AN fitting on each end and then you buy the adapters you need. Cost about 65 bucks for both fronts complete and come in lengths up to around 5 feet /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Anyone run the EXPLORER PROCOMP 4-6in lines? they seem to be CHEAP I found them for $93 and free shiping and thats for all 3 but I need every bit of 6in longer over stock does anyone know how much longer these are over stock? and if they are decent?

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a set of them. They are made by Earl's for ProComp (who doesn't actually make anything). Earl's is a good name brand.

I ordered a set of 2nd gen brake lines for my 1st gen (that was all I could get). The front ones are 6" longer than my stock lines. The rear line was only about 2" longer than my stock rubber line and the fittings were the wrong size as well. I am sure you would not have these problems on a 2nd gen.