Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good subscription?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, Jun 8, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

anyone know of a really good k5 magazine to subscribe to? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone know of a really good k5 magazine to subscribe to?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking K5 related, you already have it. There's nothing comparable in print form. If you are looking for something specific, when the magazines go through staff changes, then their focus tends to change.

One magazine that I know of use to be show queen heavy, then it started to delve off into the desert world, but then became what I would call "show queen" specific again, even though they still had real world rigs, ones that cost major $$$$$. Now they have a not so quite new editor there and now they are turning their focus to full size wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

You're not going to find too much specific vehicle stuff in the mags, unless they have a project vehicle and even then, they usually get companies to pony up some $$$ for stuff that most of us could care less about.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

unless you are very new to the sport, i have found nothing that deals with the stuff that we deal with. when i see a mag with a beat to $hit fullsize on it, i get excited... but there is never enough tech info in any of those mags. i have yet to see anything on 63" springs...crossover...tranny xfer adaptors...grooving a tire... i mean, there are bits and pieces out there but so much crap you have to wade through to get to it.