Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good substitutes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigcountryk5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

well i know when it comes to good/decent liquor theres just no beating top quality, but i can't afford top quality..... :(

anyway i love Crown, Seagrams 7, generally any good blended whiskey hits the spot for me.

i've been drinking this stuff called Classic 12 for a little while now and i like it pretty well. It is very similar to Crown with a bit of a vanilia'y' flavor to it which is not bad just a little different.

anyway what is your drink of choice and what do you substitute for it when ya halfta? :ears:

2. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

I think Knob Creek is the best damn bourbon in the world. When I can't drink that, I just drink good beer, like Budweiser and Michelob.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Used to, never bought anything but George Dickel!!! Sour Mash Bourbon Tennessee Sipping Whiskey!!!

[​IMG]

4. bigcountryk5

never had knob creek might have to give it a try, but yeah i do stick to good beer mostly. But i stay far far away from any anheuser-busch products it's miller time for me :deal: :D

5. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

Knob Creek is really popular among hillbillies who drink good stuff. It's like $32 for less than a fifth...but it's DAMN smooth

6. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Black Velvet... gotta love it... 8 bucks a bottle and it goes down smooth with coke, even if i had the money to buy something else i just wouldnt lol :wink1:

Ive drank knobs a few times.... and i dont remember much other then reading the bottle before drinking it :bow:

And when it comes to beer i rarely settle for anything else then budlight, but if i do, or if im to drunk to care... pbr or Old Mill.

7. bigcountryk5

Never have cared for mixed drinks at all, i prefer MAYBE a splash of water and a couple ice cubes. :wink1:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Alcoholllllll!!!

I like Southern Comfort straight up!--but its not really a whiskey or bourbon I guess..it says "Liquor" or "Cordial" on the bottle(One guy I know calls it "Brake Fluid!)...I like most any Tennesee sippin whiskey--they all taste pretty close to me,especially after you have one or two shots!..Jack Daniels is pretty costly though,and I haven't tried all the different ones..in fact,I haven't had even a beer since July!..and I'm getting pretty thirsty! :rolleyes:

Not a huge fan of Seagrams,the VO is better...I pefer the stuff from BELOW the mason dixon line!..though it costs less for Canadian Club here than anything from down south..when I was drinking more last winter and I was running low on cash I'd buy Hiram Walker brandy(usually Peach or Cherry) --its 3 bucks less,and its still 70 proof,and a bit easier on the tummy than Southern Comfort is....but this winter I'm going to be sober a lot unless I get a job--and then I'll have to refrain from drinking anyway,if I want to KEEP it.. :doah: :(

I should go to NH when I want booze--its a LOT cheaper there than in MA!.. :crazy:

9. bigcountryk5

can't really drink Southern Comfort anymore kinda burned out on it in High school :D and it's a little to sweet for my taste.

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Am I wrong for liking good old Jack when it comes to this... :confused:

11. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well BV is smooth as is but i like to drink it with some coke :p: Oh another good one for the cold winter nights is Hot 100... that will warm you up :laugh:

12. mikey_d05

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd memories

13. bigcountryk5

Not in the least! :D I like drinking jack, jim, and george too but around good company with a good cigar i prefer to have a glass of something a little more "formal" but can't always afford what i would like to be drinking so was looking for some good subs, or bar brand type stuff people have tried and like

14. bigcountryk5

I got a shiver just thinking about that....not in a good way :crazy:

15. mikey_d05

Oh, good cigars and smooth whiskey, man do I wish I was at home right now.

16. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Absinthe... no substitute for the Green Fairy. =)

17. mikey_d05

Sorta Off-Topic but BigCountry, is there a brand of cigar you can find consistantly that you like? I have trouble finding 'em more than once if I'm not at a dedicated smoke shop and I don't smoke very often so when I do I'd like to enjoy it.

18. bigcountryk5

Well my absolute constant favorite is Arturo Fuente's 858 Natural but do try to do a little experimenting from time to time i got ahold of what was supossed to be an excelent Cuban one time and was thouroghly disapointed.

19. mikey_d05

Haha, I thought you were talking about being on a budget. :p: The nearest seller is two hours away but I'll see what I can do when I swing through that town.

20. bigcountryk5

i am on a very small budget but i don't pay sticker for those otherwise i'm be smoking philly's :haha:

got a bud who's father owns a place called Boda Pipes in Greenville :D lucky me :wink1:

and when and if you get ahold of some Fuente's i am sure you will enjoy them greatly!