Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good things to those who work hard, finally!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

All I can say is, wow! I've been busting my ass for almost two years now and it all finally pays off. I've already posted up about getting promoted to SrA "below the zone", and I scored a bad-ass TDY to Germany. And now, the final chapter; FCC qualified! FCC being Flying Crew Chief, not the communications agency (already have that certification). I'm not an APG troop like all the 'regular' crew chiefs. I'm certified in almost all they're tasks in addition to my primary AFSC as an avionics technician.

Primary benifits of being an FCC is some extra pay for being on flying status, and being able to go on more TDY's (like this upcoming one to Germany). I'm stoked. All the hard work I've been doing learning other people's jobs is finally paying off for me.

Just to celebrate, I've got a photo here of me in my new flight suit ;) The name tag is a bit "ghetto-rigged" because my name tags haven't come in yet, so I had to put my name over top of someone else's.

[​IMG]

For the first time in a very long time, everything is finally going my way. It feels great :D:D

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Congrats man!

:thumb:

3. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Congratulations!! Only a very small percentage of A1Cs are even considered. Before I became a pilot, I was a maintenance officer and have put many BTZ packages through. And, it’s awesome to see the commander come down and surprise the deserving individual with their new stripes. My advice would be to continue to be the good leader that you obviously are and keep up the good work. Congratz again!!!

ARAMP1

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

MOO! heh heh. I just get a kick out of that acronym.

Thanks, I'm just glad I can say that I've earned everything so far. Before I was awarded SrA, I was beginning to notice a bit more respect from the people I worked with. To be honest with you, just the respect alone is motivation enough for me. It's a good feeling when MSgt/SMSgt pro-supers come to me to get the info they need for their daily meetings instead of my expeditor. It's even better when I'm working with 2-3 other people and they look at me and ask "Where do we start?", "What's next?", or "We've got no clue, what do you think the problem is?"

I've just had this ****-eating grin on my face since I got bombarded by people "tacking on" my stripe. Most of them saying "You're doing good **** out there, keep it up!"

I know I might be repeating myself a few times here, but for the first time in years I've got everything in my life heading the right direction and damn does it feel good.

Now, I just need to hit the books a bit. I just barely made the cutoff for testing for SSgt in May :)

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good for you brother.:waytogo: paceince pays off. and i can't spell.:rolleyes: :haha: sweet.:bow:

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Fixed it for ya ;)

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Yep, cross training will get you further than cross dressing! Just watch out for those jealous ones, who will try to fok you over. Also, old friends you now outrank will try to use you . Keep up the good work.:D :D :D

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Not really cross-training in the literal sense, more like CUT (Cross-Utilization Training).

I have no delusions about other people's behavior. People have already tried to pull some crap to get me "redlined" but thankfully my reputation within the leadership here was good enough that we were able to get that situation resolved. I didn't get out of it unscathed, but it was a nice eye-opener about a certain few of the people I work with. That little incident put me in a whole new mindset, though, but it's for the better and definitely not what aforementioned people wanted.