Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Tire Deal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JROSS, Dec 18, 2001.

1. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

Just thought I would share. The local America's Tire here has BFG Mudterrain for $148.00ea. Almost $10.00 Cheaper than 4WPW. What are some opinions on that tire?

Another local shop here is advertising lift kits installed for $1500.00 as a great deal.. After seeing the price for just a kit they're crazy.

81 Blazer Silverado Package, 350, 4" lift, 35" tires

2. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

America Tire gave me a great price on my KMs put they didnt give me valve caps, and my tires were at about 25 psi on the way out. Now im not saying its there fault but after i brought my truck in i found out the front passenger tire was cracked and it wasnt before i gave it to them. Just my 2 cents.

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

BFG MTs have a deservedly good reputation, IMO. I run ProComp MTs, which are pretty similar. Both are good for all-around wheeling, especially if your rig ever sees the highway. Boggers and all them are awesome for certain kinds of terrain, but until I am rich enough to have a seperate set of off-road-only tires...BFG or ProComp MTs are good enough for me,

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown