Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good tires?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88MudBeast, Oct 15, 2001.

1. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

Hey im looking for a good cheap 33x12.50x15 mud terrain. Im thinking the uniroyal or the general grabber MT. Let me know what you think, and if anybody knows of a good deal.
    Jake

2. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i bought a set of regul mud terrain about 120 each and i have about 7k miles on them and are wearing well and they do not roar on the road. plus they have a 40k warranty. would buy same again

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

also check the for sale board saw some 33 12.50's for sale

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv got Uniroyal M/Ts.Iv had them for almost 5 years and there the best mud tire Iv ever bought.The Generals from what Iv heard are a good tire too.

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

futura M/T's i think you can get them at pep boys got 88 buck a peice

high

6. zcubed

zcubed Registered Member

Hey, I'm currently looking for the same thing. I've called A LOT of different places looking for the same size you are. The best deal I've found is at Discount Wheel and Tire. They have 33/12.5/15's for $497.50 balanced, installed, and out the door. I still can't make up my mind though. I came here for help. I really like the Super Swampers (TSL -- $560), but I will be on road alot, so I'm not sure if that's the best tire for me. I'm also thinking about a set of Courser MT's ($699) and BFG's($715). I'm new to wheeling. I have 235 highway treads on now. I just got through adding an Edelbrock man. and carb. and headers (1978 400c.i.). Now, I'm looking at tires. I hacked up my fenders today (like on the link here). I have no lift yet. :(

7. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

FWPW has the Pro Comp 33x12.5 buy 3 get the 4 free
    I did that 1 year ago and got the whole sheband for 400 out the door mounted and balanced, tires look good and I haven't had any problems with them yet, seem to work well in the mud and rocks both.

Still a very pissed-off
    White Knight

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The BFG's are great. A little pricey but worth it. I saw a set of Procomp Mudders today and they didn't look like a bad tire. Personally I love the BFG's and those are going to be the only things on my truck.

9. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a set of 5 (gotta have a spare) 33/12.5-15 General Grabber MT from Tires Plus. They'll cost me about $640 out the door including the lifetime balance and rotate and road hazzard warranty. So far I have not heard anything bad about them other than they're not great to tow a heavy trailer with.

Scot in KC, MO.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/Scooter/side_right_2.jpg>Blue 87 GMC Jimmy</a>
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

10. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

The Futura MT only goes up to 31" I think. The AT goes to 33".

MultiMile Wild Country RVT has been a good tire for me. I think they are made by General.

The Grabbers are good too.

For price, you sure can't beat the Uniroyals though. Super cheap!

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]