Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good trade ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowK20, Oct 7, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My girl was driving my 86 K20 today and one of the guys she goes to school with really liked It and wants to trade his 93 dodge SRW 1-ton 4x4 cummins for it it has a 5-speed and 115,000 miles on it good trade ???? My truck has 58,000 miles on it and has a TBI 454 and a NV4500 trans and a NP205 with a 4" rancho lift and 315-70-16 BFG/MT's /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

i would trade fast,before he changes his mind,considering both trucks are in similar condition.i guess you put in the tbi on the 454,and the nv4500?

3. yellowK20

Actually I built this truck from 3 diffent ones the whole story I'm gonna go look at it in afew minutes

4. dill

dill Registered Member

agreed, do it before he changes his mind!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a pretty good trade to me, just go over the Dodge with a fine tooth comb before you commit to anything. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. yellowK20

yep definetly It better be perfect for me to trade doubt it though he used it on the ranch

7. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

make sure that dodge has the nv4500 and not the gag, gag getrag 5 speed.

8. yellowK20

yeah it's a gay-trag . Nv4500's didn't come out in dodges until 94' I went and looked at it it's very nice no dents and it has all the options for that year it also has the banks twin ram intake and an Exhaust brake but it doesn't run like it should it seems kinda doggy and it died twice on me when I pulled up to a stop sign and pushed the clutch in ( no the exhuast brake wasn't on )I don't think I'm gonna trade him my truck is alot nicer and pulls alot harder (both trucks have 4.10's ) if I do anything I'll sell mine and Buy another cummins

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

93 and earlier Cummins aren't that great a motors. In stock trim they are nice but there aren't much in the way of big power boosts. My friend has a 94 and has a big time fuel pump upgrade, stacks with no muffler, turbo housing, and high strength clutch and that thing is a rocket ship with torque from here tomorrow. He jumps on it and it just jumps to 32 PSI of boost in no time and shoots off. Has the NV4500 too, I love that truck but hate the chrome stuff hes done to it. The 93s and all their Fuel pumps would just blow trying to feed real big power.

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

What do you consider big power /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. yellowK20

theres no differance between 93 and 94 other than maybe the pump being turned up alittle more [ QUOTE ]
    93 and earlier Cummins aren't that great a motors

[/ QUOTE ] Why not ??? there the same engine as the later models just before 93 they were Non-intercooled even the 24-Valves have the same bottom end as the early motors

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Its the fuel pump itself. Its different between 93 and 94. The older one can't push the fuel to make the power like newer ones can. I'm talking like 700 ft lbs and over say 275 horsepower. The pumps are different, you can tell by the fact that you can turn the 89-93 pump up anytime you want but you have to use a torque plate for 94-98(12v). I know that the numbers I quoted are "big power" but I've seen 94-98s pushing 400+ horse and 900+ ft lbs. We hit up the truck pulls once and a while. My buddy was told this by the guy at TST Products I believe it was. Thats where he got his fuel pump upgrade from.