Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good upgrades

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by NEK5, Jun 9, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

everythings stock...i just put in a spacer that came with my kit with the tb spacer, injector spacer and stuff....what else would be a good upgrade??

2. NEK5

i was watching trucks where they changed the throttle body all together in a 95 (which is same motor)...it was a holley i think....are they worth it?

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Ive heard bad things about the holley tbi's. I recently added headers and an edelbrock performer tbi intake manifold to mine and am very impressed with the power gain. The headrs were like 140 new and the intake was 75 used (229 new). Good bang for the buck. A nice computer chip would also work well. Oh, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and guage is handy too.
    -Harrison

4. NEK5

got any links to the intake and headers?

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

After converting to TBI and setting things up, I can tell you that fuel pressure makes a big difference - and a way of monitoring the engine to see what it wants.

In my opinion the two most important upgrades are an ALDL cable with WINALDL to monitor the engine, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to dial it all in. Even a stock engine will run better with a little more pressure, but you won't find the sweet spot unless you can monitor how the engine runs...

6. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

The original holley's were a PITA because they used proprietary injectors which were crap. Get a new one and they use delphi injectors and then you have a platform for power. You can also easily mod it for AFPR.