Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good wheeling close to Columbia, MO?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by blk87K5, May 10, 2005.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Is there any good wheeling somewhat close to Columbia, MO? Mud is totally out of the question, I would rather not wheel then have to drive through mud holes all day. I know Disney is about 300 miles from there, but I was looking for something a little closer.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Moving to the area ?
    There is a good offroad park in Fulton MO, which is about 30 minutes out of Columbia.
    Check out www.capitalcitycrawlers.com for pictures

Blake

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Not moving thank god, but I might be there for about three months.

Anything other than Fulton? I am basically looking for moderate+ rock crawling.

ColAdo82K5 did you work at the Autozone on the north side of town?

4. ColAdo82K5

Bryan,
    There is a private quarry run by the CCC guys, just opened up recently. There are some mud run stuff in this part of the state, but i know you don't like that...
    Fulton does have rocks and trails, some tricky stuff to get your fullsize though sometimes.
    Mudzer and theBigdaddyof2 (Neil and Todd) know some other spots around the state, so they might chime in.

Yes, I did work at the ol' Autozone. Too busy with school right now to work, so I gave it up. I can see you have visited the area before..
    I see you go to Texas Tech, are you working up here with the math or engineering programs this summer ?

Blake

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

When I'm not in school or competing I work as a contractor for AT&T/Mediacom. I saw your K5 parked in the parking lot there before and wondered if it got wheeled. Looked like a nice rig.

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

Blake wheels it. Heres proof.

[​IMG]

7. ColAdo82K5

That picture is from the other day when I was on my way to the mall...
    It spends a vast majority of it's time as my one and only daily driver, but I hope to get the half-ton wonder out some more this summer.

What rig are you running Bryan ? Maybe I'll catch you around town.

Blake

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Man,

What are you doing up here? I live in Columbia also and am just about finished with the S-10 build. Our club has a run the last week of May at a privately owned Quarry in Eldon, MO. I could get you a ride with someone if you are going to be in town that weekend and want to wheel/camp with us. I'll even loan you a tent and air mattress.

Also, if you are up for some wrenchin' I need help badly finishing up my rig for this run. I am driving over to Marshall, MO to the Missouri Offroad Outfitters shop to finish some tubework. I'll PM you my contact info.

While you are here, we should plan a trip up to Rockport, IL. www.rorp.com Check on my club site and register a username there and post up.

www.capitalcitycrawlers.com

Check out some of the pics in the photos page of Potawatomi and also check out the General forums where we post pics of the May 1 Quarry run.

We will show you around, Bro.

Later,

Neil

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

As of yet, I dont know for sure I will be going up there, but things are looking that way from what I have been told. Who knows what might actually happen. If/when I do go up there, it will for sure be after Memorial Day because I want to go to Katemcy to wheel that weekend. I also only get Sundays off, but I can help fab some stuff for Coronas.

That Rockport park looks bad ass, although a little muddy for my taste. Atleast there are some good trails. I would def. be down for that considering it is only 100 miles from Columbia. I would like to run some of their comps up there, but their schedule is really homoghay. I was thinking about hitting Fulton, rock quarry?, rockport for sure now, and maybe taking a day or two off to head to disney for a weekend. Although that all depends on if I even have to go up there.

BTW, I registered on the CCC board, but I forgot my password. Could you send it to bryan_gillespie@hotmail.com ?

Here are some semi-current pics of my buggy and truck/trailer:

100-0055_IMG.JPG

107-0753_IMG.JPG