Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

goodbye my friends

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NoRulz, Jul 31, 2002.

1. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Ok, so it's not goodbye, but since I won't be able to post anymore as of tomorrow figured I'd sneak one last one in here. I'll probably still check in & read, but it's down to PM's & the AZOW list for me to talk to anyone.

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

That goes for me to. Later dudes.

3. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

It's a shame, but same here. I'll be at the PBB.

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    For a lousy $25 bucks!!!!PBB is not even in the same zone as this great place.Spend the $25 and stay here!!Mike

5. Erich_in_AZ

It's not even the $25.00 Mike. I paid my $20.00 to Lance, and it's purely optional. Maybe that's why. If they want to make this a pay only site (basically what is happening) then that is their choice.

I was under the impression that this came about in part because of the classifieds, and people getting ripped off. OK, fine. I might be able to see that, but to now charge $25.00 a year to be able to get to this forum, so we can get together as a group and even promote the site seems ludicrous to me. I've sent countless K5er's to this site for info, but it's going to be a lot tougher for me to do it know when I have to add, "but it will cost you $25.00 to do much of anything".

I don't want this to sound like I have hard feelings about this, 'cuz I really don't. I do however think this idea is going to shoot this board right in the foot, and that's a shame. I met you through this board, and ironically you told me about the PBB. Honestly, I spend much more time over there, and occasionally check in here, and even post sometimes. Sometimes it's refreshing to not be subjected to pointed wit and sarcasm all the time. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I'm going to miss this place, and this forum especially, but you got do what you got to do.

Erich

6. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

I will not lie I am a cheap bastard /forums/images/icons/smile.gif so I to must go

7. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I understand what you're saying.But all this info here is invaluable,to me at least.Without this site I would not of built my K/5 the way I did nor as cheap.We have a great bunch of guys/gals here that actually want to help people,wheather it be a street driven truck or rock/mud truck.PBB is good for "traffic",but posting is another story all together!If you are not running AT LEAST 38" tires on a Toyota with 200:1 crawl ratio then "they" don't don't want to give you info...BUT they will give you abunch of crap!Yeah I'm on PBB but some of the discussions I won't let my kids around when I'm on the board.The Chevy forum is a damn joke.I've given advice there but I'm still a "newbe"(even after a year) so my advice is crap.Hey no bad feelings for PBB...I'm just mouthing off!I'll see you guys around.....I get to Tucson every now and then!Mike

8. Erich_in_AZ

I understand your thoughts on that. I have to say that just 'cuz you aren't running 38's doesn't mean that they won;t help you. You've seen my 'burb. Open both ends, and on 33's. I've got over 1400 posts over there, and I have yet to be flamed, even as a newbie. You just have to expect different things there. I agree that this board has great tech, and I'm going to miss that, but I'm not one that likes being told I have to pay for a website. If I'm asked to make a donation, then if I think it is worth it, I will. End of story. It's that easy. I wish the board well.

I also agree that the Chevy forum there is not very fast paced, but that might change soon with this happening. Look what kind of people this board is losing:

bigdaddy89 420 posts

NoRulz 283 posts

Crusarius 97 posts

My sorry butt with 145 posts

Those are just form this post How many other do you think are already gone, or are not here right now to post this thread? It's truely sad!

9. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I will say for me it's a little different than you guys... I'm here because I want to be able to 'wheel with other fullsizes. I think I've touched base enough to find the group of locals that will go out & run their big trucks, & the one's that are left here will bring the new people into the group. Being a Ford owner, I can't really contribute nor benifit from the technical knowledge this board has to offer, although I do deeply appreciate the work Stephen @ ORD has done. There is a great amount of tech knowledge around here, but pretty much none of it applies to what I own. If I had a K5 or other GM truck, I would probably pay the membership without hesitation. I do agree that I have a thing about the internet being a free source of information, but I also know the cost involved in running a site once it reaches a certain size. I don't think it's right to expect Steve to pay this all out of his own pocket, it just get's to a point where it's too expensive for one person to maintain it, and if not enough people will voluntarily donate to maintain it, what option is left.

Through being a moderator on Pirate, I see some of what Lance has to go through to keep that site up & running. It's a hell of alot of work & expense. He does ask for donations & it has been discussed to make certain parts of the board available only to donating members. But he's dead set on keeping access to everything free to all users, even with the current bandwidth problems we are currently experiencing.

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Bye Matt, Keith and Sean! But not really /forums/images/icons/wink.gif One of these nights I need to head over to Ript's and give him back the 14B I stole /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I'll plan on staying awhile and havin a couple o beers with ya.......

11. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

25 bucks to support my favorite web site for the last couple of years is nothing to me and most people on this board. I can understand that it might not be worth it for some and its a shame to lose people over it but i would hate to see the site shut down because of the work and funds that are required to run and upkeep CK5.
    And since you guys can't post a reply i can make fun of you /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. StonerK5

StonerK5 1/2 ton status

I thought is was just these "Local" boards that you have to be a member for, not the others, like "The Garage" and the original board. Correct me if I'm wrong. They are not kicking you out of CK5.

13. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I thought is was just these "Local" boards that you have to be a member for, not the others, like "The Garage" and the original board. Correct me if I'm wrong. They are not kicking you out of CK5.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats correct.