Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Goodguys swap meet *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by NoSmog73, Mar 15, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by NoSmog73

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: Goodguys swap meet

I was thinking about going... Not sure yet.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ya I was going to look for some motor parts at the swap meet..just let me know if ya go

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i got the fontana race in socal saturday and i am looking at sunday right now. stuff on the first day costs too much, IMO

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I Might go sun that is my bday who knows maybe I can talk the wife into a "bday"present HEHEHEHE

6. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I'm going Sunday Due to Traffic school on Saturday. (pissed off at the Dang CHP) Carpool ticket Fri$il Frasel Sr$#*($^&#^)

So if you want to meet up Sunday Morning let me know... Get there EARLY what ever day you decide to go. I'm talken like 630am. Be There....Getting off of the freeway any time after that is a real Bair like 30 mins. to go .5 of a mile...

PM Me if you do go Sunday...

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I'm thinking I'm going to drive my camaro up there on Sunday and enter it in the show and shine.
    Be sure to come by if you see me or my car and say whats up... meet each other and BS a little. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

It should be pretty easy to find me if we go... Look for parked next to <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/erics69camaro.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=82>my buddys camaro. Shouldn't be too hard to spot two blue &amp; white first gen camaros. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

RyanB

8. DuneRunner

Is anyone going for sure? IF so what time? I'll be there around 645-700am. If you want to meet up shoot me a PM.

9. UseYourBlinker

If it's raining...I'm not going. If I do go it won't be untill late afternoon.

10. Ryan B.

I'm gonna try to make it on Sunday. Get there early and leave maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon. People bail outta there early on Sun. and i don't want to be stuck in traffic overheating. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

We are hoping and preying for no rain late sat night into sun morning... I'll have to check the weather report.
    If we wake up at 6:00 and the ground isn't too wet and there aren't rain clouds above then we're gonna go for it. I'll bring some rain-X with me just to be sure since i can't fit the windsheild wiper motor in my car. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hay if you see a bunch of Hearse's out there look for "Amy the Hearse Queen". She will have red hair. Tell her Grim Reaper say's hello /forums/images/icons/smile.gif She will flip. LOL She runs www.grimrides.com

12. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Dam now I want to go... Well see

13. Ryan B.

Here's a link to<a target="_blank" href=http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0008_f.html> the weather for Alameda</a>
    It has rained all day today, and it is supposed to clear out tonight... Be partly cloudy tommorow with maybe a chance of showers is what it looks like... Good weather for a swap meet and show and shine compared to the constant downpour today.

Soooo.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I talked to my friend just a few minutes ago, we're going to set our alarms for like 6 AM and if it looks like it's not gonna rain then we're gonna go for it and I'll just bring a bottle of Rain-X to be safe /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Washin' the car at 6:00 in the morning and then driving up to the goodguys show. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    So i hope to bump into some of you guys there!
    I'll be sitting by my car a bunch of the time, but if im not there i'll be walkin around.... but i'll be back.

14. Ryan B.

So did anyone end up going?????
    It turned out to be a really nice day! I even got sunburned. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I went and <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/goodguyscarshowmarch24th.msnw?Page=1>here are the pic's from the goodguys car show...</a>
    Be sure to check out all 3 pages... theres some pic's of my camaro, and there was a '72 Blazer on 44's a few cars down from me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And you gotta see the pic's of the twin turbo smallblock chevy '72 Chevelle. That thing was wicked. 900-1000 HP. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

15. DuneRunner

Ya I went but didn't see your car or that K5. BAMB IT. I saw a light blue 73 with 39.5 boggers. I bs with a buddy of his. I was there from around 700-1200. And I saw the Dude "Titus" from the Tv show Titus. He is a local Fremont/Newark guy. But I didn't want to bother him as he was just checking out other cars. But he seemed like a nice guy taking pics with a lady. I was looking out for your car and or A CK5 T... O well Talk to ya later.

16. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Wanted to but hey...Well looks like it was a great time any good deals on the parts..

17. Ryan B.

NoSmog73...
    Man my car was overheating just trying to find a place to park inside of the show! Once it got up to 230* with aluminum heads i shut er down right where she was./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    well I got a trim piece i needed for $45 instead of like 60.
    I also saw a '72 dash gauge bezel for $25 i wish i grabbed.
    And I also saw for $75...a complete 3rd member for a 9" with a 3:23 Posi... So I could take out the 4:11 in my car and drop that 3:23 and scream it up to 150+ MPH if i wanted to. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    But i decided not to buy that either.
    That $300 was really burning a hole in my pocket but i saved it instead. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. DuneRunner

Well seeing that you asked./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

OK not me but I got to tell you guys. I found for GoKartergo a windshild for his Jimmy for $20 bucks.{no cracks or nicks} And a set of 2.5 Rancho leaf springs for our chevys. for $15 bucks. I'm going to put the springs on an WWII Army trailer that I have. and make some custom shackle set up. But other then that A BEER and a pretzel(sp) how ever you spell it. Wish you could of made it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

19. UseYourBlinker

I ended up not going ether...It was a nice day,but I didn't feel like fighting for a parking spot or paying $10 to get in.

20. UseYourBlinker

From Ryan's pics look's like there were some nice rides this year...