Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

goodwrench 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Apr 13, 2005.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

My parts truck has a 350 in it that says Goodwrench 350 on the valve covers. The previous owner told me that it was installed in 1999 and was a 4 bolt main 350. I tried grabbing the numbers off the block to see exactly what it was but I couldn't get enough acess to the numbers to read what they are. Anyway, what are the chances that this motor is a 1 piece rear main seal and is also a 4 bolt main? The truck was originally a 1985 350 carbed. I doubt that a motor installed in 1999 could be a 2 piece. Think this motor would be worth rebuilding and using as a power producer? Wjat might be the stock numbers that this motor produces stock?

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I just bought an engine that is a 2 piece rear main seal... everything is working fine though...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

my stepdads is 2 pc rear, its a goodwrench he bought brand new a couple years back, they are cheapy hecho en mexico castings, his uses oil but then he rarely changes it even though he has a garage and 55 gallons of oil and a 4 point lift even.,.

i dont really like the engine, i like the old original 350 4 bolts much better, even with all the mileage, just seem better to me and they never use oil, :D

and theyre not mexican, cept for the old 993 heads, but they are fine, no problems with them,

good luck

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For the price of a GM crate engine with a warrenty vers rebuilding, I'd just drop in a crate engine.

5. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

My rebuild cost $1487 and I couldn't be happier. I doubled the stock HP and it really pulls hard!