Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

goodyear mt/r Qs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Jan 8, 2003.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Im thinking about running the 37s. what kind of mileage should i expect out of them? how wide are they. the local tire shop wants 210 a tire. how good are they in the mud and sand?

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know someone running them on a yota and he rants and raves about them. They crawl really well on rocks. Dont know how they do in the mud tho, he stays out of the stuff for the most part.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i run the 33's and after 8 months i've still got 70% tread. i love them on rocks and the street, they do fine in the sand but i don't care for them in the mud. when it gets really mucky they don't clean themselves very well.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

They are listed as being 12.50" wide. I've been running a set of the 35's for a couple of years now and really have no complaints. The truck is mostly a trail toy and in my opinion they get better traction than the BFG mud-terrains I had previously under all conditions (mostly dirt, mud, and loose rock around here). I really don't know about mileage since they probably have as much wear from spinning in the mud and on rocks as they do from pavement driving. One thing I have also noticed is that the BFG's seemed to get a lot more noticable scratches/cuts in the tread and sidewall than the MT/R's do.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have had the 37's on my truck since about march or so...i am really hard on tires and they are down to about 50% with right around 11000 miles on em..but like i said i am hard on tires...i love em...they grip like no other tire i have had...you can find em alot cheeper threw mail order...discounttiresdirect.com has em...the price on the web site is like 190...but if you call em you can jew em down more...my room mate got them as cheep as 160 a tire shipped to his door..just call around and price em out...you can do better than 210

6. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your link don't work AND you made the thread wide, you suck..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it sucks when threads get wide. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

This kid knows what im talkin about.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh Matt come fix the thread you dinkus..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

My buddy has it on his truck, he loves them. They grip very well on the rocks, and they use a pretty sticky compound. Sticker than the BFG MT's. Though in my opinion, the MT's are better for loose things, where the wider spaced lugs are more of an advantage. The other thing is, the Goodyears has some really really tough sidewalls. Flexy, yet tough!

12. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got a set of 37x12.50 15s about 2 months ago I love them they work great in the sand and awesome in the mud plus there quiter than my BFG MT 's ihad oon there before /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif