Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gooseneck Trailer/Camper Combo For Sale

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by therobzilla, May 26, 2005.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Gooseneck Trailer/Camper Combo For Sale

[​IMG]

Trailer Pictures

I have decided to sell the gooseneck and camper combo. I really want a bigger gooseneck, and I just bought a much bigger camper.

First off, this setup currently works very well, no problems, and being that the camper lowers down on it self, it is the ticket for towing.

Here are some of the points of the setup:

TRAILER
    · Gooseneck trailer is a 20’ deck w/ 5’ dovetail
    · Trailer has triple 8k axles (24K) rated, this is what I was told when I bought it.
    · Trailer I beam constructed one down both sides w/ aprox 24” cross members
    · The trailer has no name plate, or model number
    · New deck last summer, sealed twice
    · Tires on trailer are old w/ signs of age
    I have towed with these tires over 15K miles w/ absolute zero issues.
    · Trailer has working breakaway box w/ 7 pin connecter
    · Trailer will work behind lifted tow vehicle
    · Brakes work well on trailer, never problems
    · All lighting on trailer works
    · There are 4 storage boxed on exterior of trailer 2 on each side, the have locks.
    · Trailer ramps are dropdown and work fine.
    · Trailer tows very straight.
    · The trailer has 6 shocks on it, two per axle, to smooth out the ride, very nice for the dirt road to the trailhead.
    · Tows my 5K LB blazer on the back of the deck with no problem at all. The weight is perfectly balanced over the rear triple axles.
    · There are 6 very heavy-duty D rings welded to the trailer for hold down.

CAMPER
    · Camper is a 1972 Alaskan Camper, I bought it from original owner
    · Camper has leaks, I have repaired
    · I have totally redone the inside of the camper. New cushions, new table, new sleeping cushion, new 23 Gal drinking water tank, new water pump, new water faucet, new counter tops.
    · I have added storage boxes on outside of camper and are all keyed alike. These are for storage of dual 220 Amp Hour RV Batteries, Propane tank, and miscellaneous items. Lots of extra space
    · The camper has two vents one over the bunk area, and one in the main area.
    · The Fridge works on both propane and 110. I have used it ever time out, it works like new and will freeze your food if you don’t turn it down.
    · The heater is a Catalytic heater and will heat up the camper in any temps. We camped in 20 degree weather and it was hot in the camper, had to turn it down.
    · It also has a 3 burner stove that works great, no problems.
    · The camper DOES NOT have a shower or a toilet
    · The camper DOES NOT have hot water
    · The camper DOES NOT have AC
    · The camper DOES NOT have gray water or black water tanks.

Notes:
    I camped for 2 wheeling seasons with this camper, with our whole family, wife, 2 kids and myself. No problem, we never got wet and we never got cold.

I have towed this setup to Moab/Las Cruces/Parker AZ, and the Yuma AZ Dunes, this setup works well and has no problems. I tows like a dream behind a truck.

With 2 6Volt RV batteries, I have dry camped for 6 days, with no problem and that was with all the family.

I PREFER NOT SPLIT UP THE CAMPER FROM THE TRAILER, IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ITEM, I WILL TALK!

Terms:

I am asking $5,500 for the setup, this included the trailer, the camper, and the trailer spare, and all the items persistent to the camper and trailer.

It’s first with the funds gets the deal. I won’t hold this unless you leave a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $1,000.00. And the balance of the money is due within 1 week from deposit date

It does not include the 2 6Volt RV batteries shown in the pictures.

I will negotiate somewhat, but only to serious offers.

Payment will be CASH, Certified Check, or Postal Money Order, or Pay Pal ONLY. If I don’t know you, we will need to talk before I do this deal.

I will deliver this, but we will need to discuss a delivery fee.

Other terms: I will trade this camper/trailer setup for a 25’ or longer gooseneck trailer, what I mean is, 25’ of deck space and 5’ of dovetail, or 30 feet of deck space and ramps.

You can PM if you are interested or post up.

Thanks,
    Rob

UPDATE:

More pictures are available for serious interest only.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Throw in the tow rig and you got yourself a deal. :D

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Oohhhhh, that's a giveaway. If only I had realized I was marrying a banker instead of a wife.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

I'll vouch for this trailer, It is a serious gooseneck, well built. The gooseneck itself is worth 5500 by itself, and the lumber on the deck is newer and in great shape.

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i have seen this trailer in use and it is an excellent working trailer. it is a very nice trailer and tows real well. plus rob is a stand up guy and will treat you right.

good luck rob :)

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

This is no hack job either. The steel boxes are custom professionally made, the deck is in excellent shape, the paint is well kept, it is a must see. Made a great "home base" for many weekend this past season.

So, bump.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It looks pretty from the rear as its passing me while I'm doing 70 with no trailer on the 101 . Robs setup just rocks :D

8. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Thanks AZ Guys, I appreciate the confirmation. I am just upgrading, going to a bigger slide in camper and hopefully slightly larger gooseneck.

I already purchased the new camper, just need to find a larger gooseneck!

Wait unit you see the new setup, should have it ready by the fall, ready for the first trip of the new season.

Once again, thanks for the compliments.

Rob

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i FULLY AGREE!!
    oh, and HI ROB!! mine isnt for sale... but since you have not seen it....
    im gonan be a post whore and go off topic...
    [​IMG]
    now back on topic... thanks, hope ya sell it, and wish i had room fr the camper.
    Grant