Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got 02 tahoe seat set for the 75 for christmas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75K5, Dec 22, 2002.

1. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

Decided the K5 needed a present this christmas, so I located a set of newer seats to install. I've been watching for a long time, and I finally came across a decent price on a set of power front 40-20-40 seats from an 02 tahoe. I already had a 3rd seat set from an 03 tahoe, and luckily I was even able to locate 3rd seat covers for the 03 seats that matched the 02s. I got them all converted, and they are ready to go in.

I have a lot going on this weekend, but I think they will be going in next weekend. I'll post pics when it's all done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, to retain the flip and fold features of the 03 3rd seats from the tahoe, I found these brackets. I have to have some more made up, and reinforce the floor where they mount.

[​IMG]
    Brian

2. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

nice lookin seats, how much if i may ask /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

I picked up the rear 03 seats a few months back for $225, but they were gray leather. Shipping was $45, and it cost another $55 to get the correct cloth covers off ebay to match the fronts.

The front seat set cost $400, and I was lucky enough to find them in a local yard. I found a place farther east that had the same set for $250, but without power. I would have gone that route, but after paying shipping they would have cost the same as the electric set.

www.car-parts.com was where I found the local set, and I had been watching that site and ebay for a while. I found the 03 3rd seat set from some guy at yahoo's auction site, so I got a nice price on those. It seems like the "ebay" price for the tahoe 50/50 3rd seat set is around $500.

Total I have $725 invested, but after I sell the leather covers from the 03 and my old seats it will probably be closer to $600.

Brian

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

thats less than i thought it would be, good deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you look for those seats, you have to be very careful. I have seen leather sets for for under $400, but as high as $2000. Cloth sets I have seen for for anywhere from $150 to $1500. Price is just what the seller thinks they are worth. For the 3rd seats, it's best to just find someone that wrecked their tahoe and still has the seats lying in the corner of the garage.

6. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Brian,
    BUDDY ! I'm back in STL for winter break, let's hook up so i can check out that nice k5 or yours. I'll buy those old seats off ya ! They are gray, right ? email me or something. I don't think i have your number handy..it's been lost. But i remember how to get to your place.
    Blake

7. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

you have mail!