Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got 1 ton axles for the sub

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dleroy43, Dec 1, 2002.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

friday I picked up a cucv dana 60 and 14ff 4.56s with a detroit. on the way home , picked up 8 lug chrome 15" now iam just waiting for my ecoflip to get the perches welded in right place. I ve been doing searches, and found out a lot of info. do any of you wheelers who have done this conversion have any advice? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I just bolted on a 14 FF and D60 to my 91 Burb, but I have no idea what an ecoflip is (rear shackle flip?). If you need any info. on the axle installs, I'll be happy to help.

Eric M.

3. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

you will also need to re-locate the shock mounts on the 14bolt. They are to narow amd on the wrong sides.

4. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i did the same thing with the military axles in my 85 burb, the front dance's right into place. but the rear like was said needs the perches moved in. also i reused my spring plates in back but you need to torch them out to get the wider u-bolt in... one ton subs rule /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my sub will be 1 ton someday...

hey good luck!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif