Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got 38's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flyndragons, Sep 7, 2003.

1. flyndragons

flyndragons Registered Member

got 38\'s?

I'm thinkin about upgrading from my 35's to 38's. How many problems will I have doing that with my stock axle's? Any suggestions?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: got 38\'s?

lots. unless your rig is street only, I cant recommend 38s on stock axles... especially a 10 bolt rear axle... thats just breakage waiting to happen.

my suggestion: at a bare minimum, swap a ff14b axle into the rear of your truck and beef the hell out of your front axle (better axle shafts, u joints etc). You'll need to regear also.. dunno what tranny/tcase you have, so Im not sure what gears you'll need, prolly 4.88s.

best option: go full 1-ton. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: got 38\'s?

<font color="green"> If you wheel it it's bad juju, even with the upgrades in the front axle. I know this from experience. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif</font>